Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you get an A in Home Ec?

• 04-03-2012 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

I really want to get an A in Home Ec. My journals were done really well.
    How do you revise for it and how much detail is needed? Any other info?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭siobhanod93

Anybody? I'm desperate! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Dont know a thing about home ec. This is advive for any project. Go to chief examiners report section on examinations.ie and so long as course hasnt changed it will have some advice on what students left out they should'nt have and things they should have in

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Short questions are usually the killer, you really need to nail them, you can either open your paper on the day and be very happy, or completely depressed.

Basically to over come those short questions you really need to practically devour the textbook, unfortunately. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

timing is very important too as it is a killer paper re timing :mad: start with your elective question, then onto B1 (compulsory question), other two questions in section B and leave the short q's till last.

answer in bullet point format and for god's sake make sure you read the question carefully - some questions' wording can be very odd and it can be easy to misread a question in the rush of the exam.
    use headings as well.
    if an answer is more than 3/4 bullet points long, reread the question to make sure you are still on track.
    and reread your answers as well to make sure you included the 'can not' instead of 'can', inequality instead of equality etc as this can change the whole point of your answer!

have a look at your homework questions too - your teacher should be grading homework at this stage so that should give you an idea of how you're getting on.

look at the past marking schemes on the sec website and get to know what the markers are looking for

and lastly, practice practice practice!!! - print off short q's from the sec website if you've answered all the ones in your papers..... use them for revision and for practising section A
    hth

and if you do miss out in the summer on that A defo review the script as addition errors aren't let's say, abnormal! :eek: and don't forget the journal isn't marked with the paper so combined, you could be just a % off an A so then it would be worth getting them rechecked - fill in the slip of paper you are allowed to fill in as well to let the marker know how vital every mark is if you are getting them rechecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭siobhanod93

Cheers! When I was doing the mock I never knew how caught for time I would be! :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement