Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony MP3 player(s) repair

Options
  • 04-03-2012 10:15pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey there, I have two Sony Mp3 players with faults.

One is the Sony NW-HD5 and the headphone jack/pin appears to have disappeared. It broke a good while ago and I forgot about it but thought I might ask about it when asking about another.

The other is the Sony NWZ-S639. It is permanently 'on hold'. The hold button on the side is loose in some way, I opened it to take a look, but not sure how I could fix it.

Neither of them are mine (a family member owns them both) but I thought I'd try and get them fixed. Otherwise I've to find a decent cheap MP3 player for them as they don't have much money.
    Tagged:

Comments

usually not economic to get repaired.
    it would be cheaper buying a new one - sansa zip (or older version clip) is a good value option. it's small though so for someone with bad eyesight could be a problem.

glasso wrote: »
    usually not economic to get repaired.
    it would be cheaper buying a new one - sansa zip (or older version clip) is a good value option. it's small though so for someone with bad eyesight could be a problem.

zip
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/10816082/art/sandisk/sansa-clip-zip-mp3-player.html

clip
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/3903023/art/sandisk/sansa-clip-8-gb-mp3-playe.html

clip is older version but perfectly fine

those prices are competitive

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Cheers, That's what I said to the person who owns them regarding repairing. I've a feeling one of them is a really easy fix for someone who knows what they're doing, but they'll charge silly money.

I tried ordering a sansa clip from amazon and all only last week but they don't deliver them to Ireland. I'm a bit reluctant with Pixmania as I'm getting some varying reports on how good they are.

Weepsie wrote: »
    Cheers, That's what I said to the person who owns them regarding repairing. I've a feeling one of them is a really easy fix for someone who knows what they're doing, but they'll charge silly money.

I tried ordering a sansa clip from amazon and all only last week but they don't deliver them to Ireland. I'm a bit reluctant with Pixmania as I'm getting some varying reports on how good they are.

only seems to be an issue if there's a problem but I've used them and went ok. up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Merro

Can anyone talk to me on this one. I have purchased a Sony NWZ E463 mp3 Walkman Video MP3. I've had it about a week now and it is everything I want in an MP3. HOWEVER... I was working around the house today with the earphones in and next thing I got an electrical shock in both ears!! Has ANYONE experienced this with this model or any other model from Sony?

• Advertisement
Advertisement