Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing a whole lawn, on a MAJOR budget! HELP!!?

Options
  • 04-03-2012 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Soooooooo... here it is!

I know there are a couple of similar posts here but I need some help...
    Am living in rented accommodation for the past year and the time has come to move on, the house it not up to standard and is costing far more money to run than it is worth!

When we moved in there was already a large patch of grass that had completely died off due to a huuuge pile of tree cuttings being dumped in the middle of the garden! Due to the wear and tear of people and three exuberant dogs the grass had gone completely patchy and bare in a couple of areas. To keep the grumpy landlords from complaining I laid some topsoil and grass seed which had began to sprout! All was well until the floods before Christmas and all the topsoil went to muck being trapsed all over the garden!

The garden is now destroyed and needs replacing! Grass seed is not really an option...
    Major call out to see if anyone is doing renovations and lifting their grass and would sell it for a few quid or links to places that are super cheap, (even if the quality is rubbish) ... grass area is about 20 x 20 feet by the way!

Thanks for reading, please help a gal out if u have any advice...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

You could buy a 25kg bag of lawn seed for 60 euro .. if this is too much then some farming co-ops will sell it by the kg, maybe you could haggle a price, dont bother buying good quality lawn seed just get some regular farming grass seed.

I dont know if anyone would be cheaper who will give you the top sods of their lawn.

If you cant afford even 50 euro for lawn seed then , this isnt a gardening issue, you should not allow your landlord to blackmail you like this, there should be some official org you can contact.

Advertisement