Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geoecology

• 04-03-2012 10:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭

Just wondering what essays would you have to learn to cover yourself. Also would you be ok to learn just either soils or biomes..?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Seeing as I want and need an A1 in Geography, I am learning the following:
    • Composition & Characteristics of a Soil Type
    • Human Activities on Soil
    • Impact of Climate on Biomes
    • Characteristics of a Biome
    • 2 Natural Soil Forming Processes
    • Plant and Animal Adaptations to a Biome
    • Human Activities on a Biome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭bobjimmy

Thanks im looking for an A1 aswell... But this has always been a section ive struggled with. Is it really necessary to learn all those essays ?
    The ones im definetly learning are
    . Soil formation
    . Human impact on a soil
    . Compostion + characteristics of a soil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Seeing as I want and need an A1 in Geography, I am learning the following:
    • Composition & Characteristics of a Soil Type
    • Human Activities on Soil
    • Impact of Climate on Biomes
    • Characteristics of a Biome
    • 2 Natural Soil Forming Processes
    • Plant and Animal Adaptations to a Biome
    • Human Activities on a Biome

Ok, right, that in my opinion is insane? I mean, how could one possibly learn 7 full what 3-4 A4 page essays!? You do realise you choose 1 from 3 yes? Why learn all 4 when you could say just study soils and not biomes? just curious like fair play if you're able to :P

Personally, I'm learning human impact on soil, characteristics on soil and soil formation just like you! I think that's plenty and I'm also going for the A1 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭bobjimmy

Ya but what would happen if all the questions that came up were on biomes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Agree with the above post - I do a different option to Geoecology but if 3 essays was enough we'd all be flying. Theres a reason theres so much in the option sections, because its pure rote learning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

But isn't it like you need to study biomes, human impact on biomes, soils and human impact on soils, and 3 of them come up every year out of 4? Well that's what my teacher told me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Wesc. wrote: »
    But isn't it like you need to study biomes, human impact on biomes, soils and human impact on soils, and 3 of them come up every year out of 4? Well that's what my teacher told me!
    I'm being very cautious in every subject this year to not go on patterns in exam papers, it's been said again and again that the SEC is attempting to change the L.C. Structure into a less rote learning system of exams. I need an A1 for points, I really don't want to feel that sickening realisation the day of my exam if I realised I didn't know the Question!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 carnibell

I hope we get a question on biomes, maybe the plant and animal adaptions thats a grand question

Advertisement