Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Beaute/American Beauty

• 04-03-2012 11:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭

Does anyone have any personal experiences from La Beaute Training Academy or American beauty Training Academy (both in Cork).
    I want to do a course in one of these so im wondering if anyone has any feedback.
    Also, if there are any other places that offer make up artistry courses or hairdressing courses, please do tell.

(Looking for part time courses so College of Comm, St Johns courses out of question).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 CurlyJefferson

You should have a look at Makeup Forever in Dublin, they do courses through out the year. Some are part time over a few weeks but they do one intensive week long course. I'm considering doing it myself :) I've only ever heard excellent things about it.
    www.samanthachapman.com‏ are worth a look there they also do this amazing one week course, very in depth, only heard excellent things about it. It's in London but the amount they cover is worth the money. Both are extremely high end and use products like Nars, Mac ect. You get a kit also!
    As for the hairdressing, I'm on the same page as you. I have an interview for a fetac course the end of March, fingers crossed I get it because I definitely cannot afford 12 grand training.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 poutie

Not sure about American Beauty, but La Beaute is not an accredited training school, simply a beautician teaching a makeup course. I did a course with them,got an attendance certificate but no actual qualification, and the classes were very disappointing, plus it was fairly costly. If you want a qualification, the course in Cork College of Commerce is the one to go for, or LA Makeup or Portobello in Dublin.

Otherwise you might as well go to a highly rated counter like MAC or Urban Decay and do a course with them, you'll get the price of the course back in products at least.

Advertisement