Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress menu buttons

Options
  • 05-03-2012 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Is there an easy way, possible wordpress plugin that you can use to set the actual page links to be individual pictures, eg home, about, contact etc
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

You want the links to be images? Can you explain a bit more about what you want to achieve here? This is normally the 180 degree opposite of good practice :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 mhkdeveloper

You can define different class for each menu suing custom menu in wordpress.
    And write single class css for each different class and call different image suing background image from css.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭thecelt

Hi Trojan,

basically instead of having the words home, about, contact, as clickable links under the header image I want to have them as roll over images !
    I know this isnt the best or the nicest way to do it, but the person who owns the site is very insistant!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

If you're going to code it that badly you might as well make it an image map, maybe do it in Flash too? :)

I'd strongly recommend against this, it's a disaster in terms of SEO and usability.

That said, if you want to do it, just create your images, stick them all in a div, put onhover script on them and link them to the target pages. Make sure you set alt tags and title tags to give yourself some hope of redemption.

Advertisement