Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think of the Nicky Rackard statue in Selskar?

Options
  • 05-03-2012 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

What do you think of the Nicky Rackard statue in Selskar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Supertech

I think that the siting is all wrong - it should be somewhere further out into the middle of the street. I also think that the fact that the statue has its back to the main street is very strange. It may of course have been designed to be viewed best when approached from the Bullring side of Selskar, which would make slightly more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭wexford12

I did think the angle he was placed was a bit strange but then i heard that Green acres had paid for him which was very good of them.
    Maybe they want the best view from their windows " bit of tongue and cheek " but maybe who knows
    Either way I think it looks great even if he needs to be put in the middle of the square

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Do we really need another version of Boards.ie - it's hard enough to get Wexford people to come on here? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I'm not too sure about the plastic all over him :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Do we really need another version of Boards.ie - it's hard enough to get Wexford people to come on here? :rolleyes:

???????????????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

wexford12 wrote: »
    ???????????????

Did you not read the OP before it was modded?

Must of missed that one

wexford12 wrote: »
    Must of missed that one

+1 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

vicwatson wrote: »
    I'm not too sure about the plastic all over him :rolleyes::rolleyes:

He looks like one of the rubber bandits at the moment! :pac:

Lola92 wrote: »
    He looks like one of the rubber bandits at the moment! :pac:

Without a horse outside of course :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

I like it. Well the idea of it anyway; I cant wait to get a look at it without the cling film.

They better keep an eye on it though as something like that would make a nice scrap haul for a certain type of individual.

Advertisement