Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Prozzie From The TV Show

• 05-03-2012 1:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

Eloquent title I know.

Why did the producers of the TV show create a new character for the tv series? I'm talking about Winterfell's most in-demand working gal, can't recall the name but I know she jests with Theon throughout the series before
    leaving for King's Landing closer to the end, appearing in Littlefinger's brothel I think.

Anyone have any idea why they introduced a character not from the books? Was it at the author's suggestion? What do they plan to do with her character?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Eloquent title I know.

Why did the producers of the TV show create a new character for the tv series? I'm talking about Winterfell's most in-demand working gal, can't recall the name but I know she jests with Theon throughout the series before
    leaving for King's Landing closer to the end, appearing in Littlefinger's brothel I think.

Anyone have any idea why they introduced a character not from the books? Was it at the author's suggestion? What do they plan to do with her character?

It allowed discussions between Roz and her customers to explain the plot and provide some background. Sexposition I think its called, as in sex and exposition.

In the book a lot of this background is explained via long paragraphs of text, which is difficult to translate to the screen directly.

She might well continue this role into next season, its useful.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

What Armani said. Also, she was originally only meant to be a one scene character but they loved the actor's performance and brought her back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

also the "play with her arse" line was one of the best scenes in Season 1 :pac:

She's been used well, that scene with Littlefinger basically admitting he was still in love with Catelyn, and then later on she was in the old Maester's room, and he spilled his heart about Joffrey being a bad king and all round wanker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

I *think* she is mentioned in the book a few times, but is not named - she's just "the red-headed whore".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

She was pretty handy, especially for showing that Pycelle was actually playing a pretty good game of his own.

+1 on the 'play with her arse' line too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I *think* she is mentioned in the book a few times, but is not named - she's just "the red-headed whore".

Yep she was mentioned as a whore in Winterfell. Theon tells Tyrion to ask for her, and later on he ponders that he will miss her when he leaves for the Iron Islands.

So in reality they are just using an existing background character as a vehicle to explain some plotlines more easily than a rambling soliloquy by Littlefinger/Pycelle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Tenger wrote: »
    Yep she was mentioned as a whore in Winterfell. Theon tells Tyrion to ask for her, and later on he ponders that he will miss her when he leaves for the Iron Islands.

So in reality they are just using an existing background character as a vehicle to explain some plotlines more easily than a rambling soliloquy by Littlefinger/Pycelle.

The technical term is s(exposition),

Advertisement