Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charity

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MichaelGUFC

http://www.kiva.org/about/microfinance
    Microfinance helps develop economies in the third world countrys.Its extremely important.
    I also support fair trade products when I can.

No matter how crap it gets here,it'll never be as bad as third world countrys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

the national lottery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I would donate to wwf or another wildlife/environment organisation.

People get enough aid and even then it's nearly always squandered by the corrupt charities and leaders receiving it. Nobody gives a **** that all these animals are being slaughtered and the forests are being bulldozed.

Do these people realise we're going to be ****ed real good and hard if we mess up the environment permanently or significantly more?
    I know it might sound harsh but I would sooner send contraception methods out to Africa over goats and cows that would probably die of hunger/thirst/hippos anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

I would donate to the local dogs or cats(i think animals are unfairly overlooked) home or for mental health or homeless thats about it..

i think charity is a misnomer,the charities that are around now are more like businesses all operating under the pretext for the needy..

take enable ireland for example,all the 'charity' clothes coming in there,all free stock - no warehouse charges , the people running them never employ paid staff all free labour workers - all money sloshing in the door to pay big ceo execs

an example would be angela kerins of rehab care getting well over the 200,000 mark per annum,company car,bonuses(in a recession)and other expenses.

they dont pay tax on what they rake in as they are a charity..its criminal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

None. I don't believe that charities do any good whatsoever. In fact, they usually serve to prolong social issues, not eradicate them.

When a society relies on charities to fund the likes of children's hospitals or proper care for the disabled, then you realise that the society has failed in what should be one of it most basic principles - which is to look after those who cannot look after themselves.

In these cases, all that charities serve to do is cover up this problem.

The welfare of people should never come down to whatever spare change others have to offer. The concept is abhorrent. Yet as long as people and their governments shirk their collective responsibilities, charities will exist and the sick, poor and needy will remain reliant on the few crumbs we throw them from our tables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I support Enable Ireland. The work they do is amazing, my sister has Cerebral Palsy and they often go beyond their duty of care to help her. Can't give them enough credit, they're fantasic.

Advertisement