Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Valet in Sligo Town.

Options
  • 17-09-2009 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations in or around Sligo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

The place in Quayside has had a few recommendations on here before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

A good hoover & a bucket of soapy water is about as far as I've got to a valet. Never even got round to using them - took out the hoover, filled up the bucket, then said "f*ck that, I'm off off to the pub." ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Jabby

bennyc wrote: »

In Grange at the Texaco Station. €25 for a very good valet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

bennyc wrote: »

I've never used this guy so I can't recommend but i see the van around a lot

http://www.mcv.ie/mcvnortheast.html

• Registered Users Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I've heard the place beside or behind where Davey's Motors was.. now the Pet Stop.. is very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Hi there.
    Could anyone recommend a car valet service in the town?
    My car is filthy! I have been getting work done in the house and garden the last few weeks and have been using my car as a truck!!!!
    It needs a complete clean inside and out. Recommendations gratefully accepted.
    Thanks.

There's one in Quayside in the car park on the left as you drive in - they're pretty decent. Might be a good idea to try & book an appointment before you go in though, as they're usually pretty busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Any recommendations for a place that can do a 'deep clean' on the interior please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Hi there.
    I went to Sorens Valet Service on the Pearse Road...where the old petrol station used to be and beside the vets.
    I found them excellent.They have different prices for different levels of a clean.There is a billboard outside on the gable wall of the vets which explains everything.I went for the top one which was I think EUR60 and it was well worth it.The car came out like new.
    My partner brought in his Fiat Panda and went for the cheapest option and again a great job.
    Make sure you have some plastic bags though to put on the seats when picking it up as they will be a bit damp...leave the windows open as long as you can to make sure everything drys out well.

Thanks, that sounds great :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 wise shopper

There's one in Quayside in the car park on the left as you drive in - they're pretty decent. Might be a good idea to try & book an appointment before you go in though, as they're usually pretty busy.
    Best to give it a miss ,unless you want to have to spend more ,doing it right or worse ,have it repaired! OVER priced ,car was covered with marks,scrapes.

Best to give a miss to them, only in for a fast buck... i was not happy with service or price,and had to get it done again,with a nice young man in Dromahair.He was very help full ,seeing i was coming with a another man's bad work.PLUS he's well priced and has a follow up service.Best around if you ask me.

Basq wrote: »
    I've heard the place beside or behind where Davey's Motors was.. now the Pet Stop.. is very good.
    Best full detailed valet is in Dromahair,its a old school ... they take pride in what they do,if your not happy you dont pay. Thats what i call a good service,PLUS they follow up a few weeks later to see ,all is holding up well.
    Not sure if they know that they are easily 25% cheeper ,than any other Valeting service around!:D

Best to give a miss to them, only in for a fast buck... i was not happy with service or price,and had to get it done again,with a nice young man in Dromahair.He was very help full ,seeing i was coming with a another man's bad work.PLUS he's well priced and has a follow up service.Best around if you ask me.

You wouldn't have anything to do with the place in Dromahair by any chance? Three posts all about the same thing.

magnumlady wrote: »
    You wouldn't have anything to do with the place in Dromahair by any chance? Three posts all about the same thing.

He tried to sell me a dress that was too sexy for his sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

And LED shoelaces.

magnumlady wrote: »
    :mad:Sounds like that you may be upset, with a bit of good feed back.. i for years had my car cleaned plus valeted,my many companys... and Q side dry wash valet only adds scraps ,than take them out..!
    SO i think i am well informed, what is a good service..and whats a fast BUCK.;)
    And am i my rigth to recommend a good service,that is well priced and have pride in what they do.IT IS WHAT IT IS:cool:if in dout try them out ..
    The day of rip of ireland is over! in my view.YOU pay good money to get a job done right and NOT HALF DONE and then to be told to go else where if i was not happy? need i add more.:confused:

led shoes!;)

Maybe thats what u needed.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

This thread has gone weird...

• Advertisement

ya rigth,appointment.full valet in one day in a dark car park.... YOU really know quality.:rolleyes:

high horse wrote: »
    This thread has gone weird...
    You try to give good fed back and all you get is secret blogers make a laugh,when realy all they are trying to do is sell sell sell bad work standards! AS I siad BEFORE, rip of ireland is over ,and companys carrying them selfs over as pro" services ,when their not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 MasterValeter

:mad:Sounds like that you may be upset, with a bit of good feed back.. i for years had my car cleaned plus valeted,my many companys... and Q side dry wash valet only adds scraps ,than take them out..!
    SO i think i am well informed, what is a good service..and whats a fast BUCK.;)
    And am i my rigth to recommend a good service,that is well priced and have pride in what they do.IT IS WHAT IT IS:cool:if in dout try them out ..
    The day of rip of ireland is over! in my view.YOU pay good money to get a job done right and NOT HALF DONE and then to be told to go else where if i was not happy? need i add more.:confused:
    Well where to start..first this is new to me bloging! but heard my name spoke about last night....not sure by who?dont give name's so i need to by carefull!
    I valet car's for a living , back ground... 30 years in motor trade and father (48) years working in motor trade ..(MAIN DEALER) can keep going on family members but why should i.... i have alot of ex" working with high end valeting contracts and consider my self a expert when it comes to motor or valeting standards. Not sure where other bloger'''''''''''s get their info about standards unless u go and try out other companys! or what i would like to say ,tyre kickers.. on idea of anying think! just like to knock a hard working MAN, why .. just to promote their vetted idea's.
    Not to repeat what WISE SHOPPER siad , in it for a fast pound, and not PRIDE or QUALITY of their work.PS i would like to know who or what bloger,MAGNUM LADY ,EL WEIRDO and STARBELGRADE ,vetted interest's are! Thank you all for having to lissen to my moan!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

WTF is going on here? :confused: Did wise shopper just sign up again as MasterValeter, cos neither of them are making any sense?

Right thread locked because it's gone way out of hand. I only asked for a recommendation because I'm getting a car that needs a good interior valet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement