Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7870/7850 reviews out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Great, I thought they were another few days away. I really need a new card, now let's see what they have to say...

Looks like they're starting to appear in shops... £190 for 7850 and £270 @ ebuyer. €228/324. Sapphire cards only ATM.

Edit: A little bit dear, but it is launch price. I expect that the rest of the brands will expand the range. If we could see the 7850 below the €200 mark, it would be pretty good value - the performance of it is a bit all over the place but it does beat the 6950 in quite a lot of tests. A little bit disappointing that they didn't get the final 7850 so quality might deviate a bit, unfortunately.

BTW, there's lower memory cards coming next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

if the 7850 drops below €200 you're onto a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So wait... I was right?! :D

Looks nice on a paper. Thought there is nothing ground breaking. Almost same performance for the same price as 6970 and 6950.

It's unfortunate to see 6870 gone and leaving such a gap in 200eu mark. Shiet move ATI...

Edit: actually 7870 is closer to 580 then 570. Hmmm anyone whana buy a gtx 570? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

It's unfortunate to see 6870 gone and leaving such a gap in 200eu mark. Shiet move ATI...

The 6870 launched at €200-220. The spread of cards should fill this range. If NVidia can compete, it will hopefully force them down. Although the 6870 is about the only card that had a nice drop, so I have some doubts that we'll see the same again.

The 1GB cards will fill in some extra room too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Impressive. Would like the cards to drop slightly before I get interested though. Under 200 on the 7850 and about 280 and under on the 7870 and I'm sold.

Think I'll hold onto my GTX570 though :P It's overclocked and only marginally off GTX580 stock performance xD

• Advertisement

Impressive. Would like the cards to drop slightly before I get interested though. Under 200 on the 7850 and about 280 and under on the 7870 and I'm sold.

Think I'll hold onto my GTX570 though :P It's overclocked and only marginally off GTX580 stock performance xD

tell me when you want to upgrade ;) i might buy your gtx 570 for sli. or i could sell you my one :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

tell me when you want to upgrade ;) i might buy your gtx 570 for sli. or i could sell you my one :D

Well I reckon prices will already start dipping come April. Hopefully by May/June they will reached desireable prices. Whats wrong with the 570 anyway!? You just want a new toy yeah? :P

Well I reckon prices will already start dipping come April. Hopefully by May/June they will reached desireable prices. Whats wrong with the 570 anyway!? You just want a new toy yeah? :P

Yes :)

To be honest gtx 570 has still a good kick, but you know the way it goes... ;)

Big chance that people with 69xx and gtx 570/580 won't need upgrade this gen at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Good cards with insanely low power draw. Positive reviews all round really. Still a paper launch and some issues, should be ironed out before release.

7850 has one six pin? yes please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Looks good, makes me wonder when nVidia are going to release their next line-up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/HD_7850_HD_7870/29.html
    You can see in this review the 7870 OC capability,works out a few FPS better than the 7970

Advertisement