Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless alarm installer

Options
  • 05-03-2012 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi hope someone can help I live in Dublin i am looking for an alarm installer my house was broken into on Saturday night my wife and daughter disturbed them they ran past them out the front door. One of them had a knife my daughter and wife are nervous in the house so I am looking for recommendation for an installer if any one can help I would be greatful.

I checked the psa website the are so many installers but I am looking for someone who comes recommended thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

ryker wrote: »
    Hi hope someone can help I live in Dublin i am looking for an alarm installer my house was broken into on Saturday night my wife and daughter disturbed them they ran past them out the front door. One of them had a knife my daughter and wife are nervous in the house so I am looking for recommendation for an installer if any one can help I would be greatful.

I checked the psa website the are so many installers but I am looking for someone who comes recommended thanks

Sorry to hear that.

The best advise is to get at lease 3 installers out to give you a risk assessment of the premises and to get a quote detailing what they are going to install.
    At lease there will be no hidden extras when you do get the system installed.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

+1 to all of Altors advice.
    Also ensure you compare like with like on the quotes.
    Do they all include the same number of devices?
    Do they all include a working external bell?
    If getting Service & monitoring what does the fee cover? Alre all calls & labour covered? Some companies limit to one or 2 calls.
    Some companies limit labour times on call outs.
    Get all this in writing.
    Do not accept any quote with out a call out, you will only get surprises later.

Also will the system work with UPC, there are so many people moving away from the traditional phone line in search of better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭ryker

Thanks i have gotten 3 quotes so far they vary in price a bit and 2 of them are different makes so looking for advice which one to go for

quote 1 is for a hkc secure watch which includes a control panel, 2 pirs, 4 window contacts, 2 door contacts an external bell and an internal bell works out 940
    quote 2 is the exact same as above but comes in at 900

quote 3 is for a risco wisdom system works out at 690

i am confused as to which one to go for thanks

• Advertisement

Forget the first 2.
    Securewatch is an old system now. They should not be quoting you for that. €900 is also way too high for what your getting there.
    On Quote 3 ask for the Risco Agility insted of the Wisdom.
    The Wisdom is a wireless system. If you looking for wirelsss also look for prices on Siemens & HKC Securewave or Quantum .
    If you can get any of them around the €700 mark its a good price.

ryker wrote: »
    Thanks i have gotten 3 quotes so far they vary in price a bit and 2 of them are different makes so looking for advice which one to go for

quote 1 is for a hkc secure watch which includes a control panel, 2 pirs, 4 window contacts, 2 door contacts an external bell and an internal bell works out 940
    quote 2 is the exact same as above but comes in at 900

quote 3 is for a risco wisdom system works out at 690

i am confused as to which one to go for thanks

I would presume then mean the Securewave 10/70. If using the Quantum then there is a dialer built in with broadband filter. Works out cheaper than having to add to the 10/70. Are they quoting for inertia/contacts or just contacts on the windows?

The wisdom is the older panel, the newer one is the Agility.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭ryker

Hi guys thanks for the replies have decided to go with a different company they are psa registered so i should be okay. The final quote is 950 for that i am getting a hkc secure wave 10/70 wireless system 11 inertia window contacts, 2 inertia door contacts, 2 pir's and external bell box an internal siren and a panic button.

The first quotes were for only 6 contacts but some of my windows have 3 openings on them so the final quote covers all the window openings.

Thats a good price for wireless.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Thats a good price for wireless.

More than likely a mixture of wire free and wired components.

• Advertisement
Advertisement