Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food suggestion for Akita

• 05-03-2012 12:07pm

Hi all,

I've a 6 month old American Akita. I've been feeding him Taste Of The Wild and most recently Burns high energy lamb puppy food. I normally order from Zooplus.ie but delivery can take a bit long (a week).

Do you have any recommendations for good quality dog food that I can order and get it in less than a week?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

www.petfoodexpresstoyou.com are good (based in NI).

Delivered by Fastway courier the next day.

Has just started to stock Acana (made by the same folks who make Orijen).

Prices wouldn't be as cheap as Zooplus though.

Or www.dogfooddirect.ie - never used them but I believe they deliver next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭jamesd

Our Akita eats red mills supreme , was on red mills puppy until he was a year old. €35 a bag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

dogfooddirect is supposed to be very good, I order from zooplus myself but just make sure I order a good while before I run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 joey801

jamesd wrote: »
    Our Akita eats red mills supreme , was on red mills puppy until he was a year old. €35 a bag

Do you get it online at that price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Feed my Akita Gain's adult big dog.

It's E33 for 15kgs, fed alongside the BARF diet (raw meat) it usually lasts near 3months. She flourished on this and still doing well.

Not sure if you can buy online anywhere, I get mine from my local Connacht Gold Agricultural store, so not sure if they're available near you. Perhaps get in touch with Gain directly and see if they'll deliver to your door?

http://www.gainfeeds.com/pet/ordernow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭jamesd

joey801 wrote: »
    Do you get it online at that price?

No just in our local hardware store - 15KG bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

the neighbours annoying jack russels ha ha only kiddin premium dog mix is what i give mine hes fit and healthy 3 year old on 11stone more muscle than anything but he used to be quite picky on food

Advertisement