Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fake tan and Sunscreen

• 05-03-2012 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Hoping for some tips here …
    I'm heading to Oz in a couple of weeks where the weather, I believe will be around the mid 20's which is just right for me. Now I'm very Pale and I burn easily. I tend to keep pretty much covered and out of the direct sunlight but I also wear high factor. In the past when I'm going on a sun holiday I'll normally get sprayed before hand but this time, I'm not going to bother, I'm just going to go with a bit of the instant stuff on my legs. So my question is this … What order do I put on the fake tan and sun cream - I would presume it'd be tan first - Am I right ??
    Thanks in advance

A

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Put the tan on a day or two before you go. Sunscreen on when you get up every morning (and reapply as needed during the day, obv), then top your tan up as required after a shower in the evening.

If it starts getting patchy, scrub the whole lot off and start again from scratch.

ETA: this refers to instant tan that wears off rather than washes off. If you get the wash-off stuff it's just going to streak as soon as you try and put the sunscreen on over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

if you want wash off you could try sun screen and then Sally Hansen air brush legs? I don't know how a lotion would work. you could mix them together? it could be a risk though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Missy Moo Moo

Clarins do an after sun that has a small amount of tanner in it, you could use that in the evening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭greengirl31

Hmmmm ... I was going to use the R!mmell instant tan - they have a new "water resistant" one. I have the lancome flash bronzer too but I just don't like the smell of it ... Maybe I'll bring both just in case

Thanks

A

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Seriously, get yourself into Penneys and get a bottle of the St. Moritz mousse. It's about a fiver and it's literally the best tan I've ever used. You need to apply it with a mitt, but it goes on like a dream, there's no smell off it and it dries really quickly. Put it on before you go to bed and rinse it off in the morning. It also fades really evenly. I love it. I went from Flash Bronzer at €25 a pop, to St. Tropez at €45 a pop, to this. It rocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭greengirl31

Honey ec - Thank you for the tip anout the Pennys tan - OMG it's great !! I put it on the other night as a trial and it was a bit stinky that night but nothing like any of the others I used and once i had a shower the next morning it was fine. the coverage was great too so I'm a happy camper

Thanks again !!

Advertisement