Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sirens in Bray

• 05-03-2012 12:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

Huge amount of sirens just went by my house heading into Bray (coming from the motorway). Different sirens but not sure which services it belonged to.
    Is there anything happening? Sirens are common place but there seemed to be loads of them

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Timing seems off, but at around 8.45 this morning, there were about 5 fire engines and assorted other emergency vehicles just below the junction of the main street and the Quinsborough road - it looked like they had just finished putting out a fire in the new chinese supermarket there (the one that was a buffet up until a couple of weeks ago.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

That's a shame, I didn't even know there was a Chinese supermarket opened there, and it's burnt out already?

I'm not 100% sure that's where the fire was, but the shutters were partially up and firemen were rolling up hoses right outside so it seems likely. FYI the shop is owned/run by Tony, who's been running a supermarket down in the Albert Walk for the last few years. I guess the buffet didn't take off so they decided to turn it into a shop?

The weird thing is that the new chinese restaurant that is opening just around the corner on the Quinsborough road had its front door smashed in just a few days ago - I hope there's no malicious targetting of chinese-owned businesses going on :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

It was the chipper beside the chinese market that went on fire. They are closed now but the market is open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

B0jangles wrote: »
    The weird thing is that the new chinese restaurant that is opening just around the corner on the Quinsborough road had its front door smashed in just a few days ago - I hope there's no malicious targetting of chinese-owned businesses going on :(

I'd imagine it just idiots up to no good. The quinsboro rd has some great shops and could be a buzzing little part of Bray but just seems to attract a bad element. (Story for another thread though)

• Advertisement

foxy06 wrote: »
    It was the chipper beside the chinese market that went on fire. They are closed now but the market is open.

That's a relief, not that I wish Macari's any ill of course, but a fire in a chipper is 99% likely to be an accident, whereas a fire in a supermarket would be a bit harder to explain.

Hope no-one was hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭Packet

Hope no-one was hurt.

I drove past that on church terrace at about 8:05AM and smoke was billowing out of the chimney. It was shuttered up so it didn't look like anyone was inside.

A colleague I gave a lift into work from the botton of the lane there said he thought it had started in the previous five minutes. When he rang 999 they thought he was in Dublin and had to insist he was in fact calling from Bray.

More sirens this moning - this time it was a fire engine and ambulance heading for the station.

Reason?

Around 8 this morning I heard a very loud bang somewhere near the seafront - I heard later that what happened was that a Detonator a DART driver had in his bag went off in the bloody cab beside him.

I really hope the poor guy is ok :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

The army's Explosive Ordnance Disposal unit is at the station now.

• Advertisement

I really hope the poor guy is ok :(

He's been released from hospital and is going to be OK.

He's been released from hospital and is going to be OK.

Awesome news :D

Advertisement