Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need skin care product advice

• 05-03-2012 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

I've recently decided that I need to start taking care of my skin. I've always been lucky in the fact that I've good skin and never get spots and I've kind of taken it for granted that my skin would stay that way. The extent to my skin care routine has been moisturiser then make up in the morning and make up remover at night.

I know there's thinks like night creams, day creams, toners, cleaners etc and it makes me very confused :o Can someone suggest to me what I need?
    Bare in mind I've sensitive, normal skin and I'm on a budget (so ideally from boots/tesco/lidl please!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I'm like you, terribly lazy about my skin! I used to just use whatever facewash was knocking around the house (or showergel in the shower) and then moisturise afterwards. Tbh, it never did me any harm!

Anyway, I swear by Aldi's Lacura serum. I use the anti-aging version. It's about a fiver and you can use it on its own or under your normal moisturiser. As it's so cheap I use it on my neck and chest aswell. I've noticed a definite improvement in the I-Want line between my eyebrows since I started using it. It's this one:

P5020005.JPG

I've also recently started using Boots "Beautiful Skin", it's a two-step regime of cleanser/facewash and toner, and they have three varieties, for normal, oily or dry skin. I use the oily one and the facewash is a dream; it's a foam and the make-up literally melts off your face, it's off in seconds.

I've changed my routine slightly so in the evening time I use the facewash and my serum before I go to bed, then in the morning I just give myself a swipe of toner (which I generally steal off my sister) and use the Beautiful Skin mattifying moisturiser to *attempt* to keep my face shine-free for the day.

I think it's really about finding a product/routine that works for your skin, and sticking to it.

The Beautiful Skin range is about €17 for the cleansers and I think about €14 for the moisturisers and they're all on 3 for 2 at the moment, so I bought two facewashes and the moisturiser. I bought mine maybe 3 weeks ago and I'm still not even halfway through the first facewash. I've barely made a dent in the moisturiser either, but I am alternating it with my serum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

I really like the liz Earle range. the hot cloth cleanser is so gentle to skin, but gets every last trace of makeup off . the toner is non drying and is great after cleansing with the hot cloth cleaner or in the morning for a quick clean. The moisturiser is lovely too . all filled with natural stuff!

if you buy all three on line you get free delivery and a free gift. there are loads of reviews online for the range if be you want to check it out.

you order it from here http://ie.lizearle.com/
    they also sell it in Wilde and green in miltown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I second the Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser, I used it to remove my mascara as well last night and it didn't irritate my skin at all.

The Sanctuary in Boots also do gorgeous mini products, their moisture boosting mask comes in a sachet for about 3 quid and you'd get 3 or 4 goes out of it, it's gorgeous! If you want a very light toner try one of the Avene or Evian water sprays as they double up for setting and refreshing your make up as well!

Garnier were also doing a two for one in Boots on their sensitive fragrance free eye make up and face makeup removers for €5.50 and I picked these up for my kit and they're nice!

Advertisement