Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix in HD

Options
  • 05-03-2012 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

For those that use Netflix can you stream in HD? I've read on some Xbox forums that users had issues when the new Dashboard was released. I've deleted the app and reinstalled and it's ticked to best quality on Netflix.com. I have three bars when streaming content but the HD symbol doesn't light up. Is all the content available in HD does anyone know?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Hi guys,

For those that use Netflix can you stream in HD? I've read on some Xbox forums that users had issues when the new Dashboard was released. I've deleted the app and reinstalled and it's ticked to best quality on Netflix.com. I have three bars when streaming content but the HD symbol doesn't light up. Is all the content available in HD does anyone know?

Cheers.
    Not all the content is no, but it has a little HD marker beside it if it is, bear in mind you need a pretty stable fast connection to stream HD

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

The Uk one i can get full HD off it when im streaming, But on the US one i struggle to get 3 bars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

thanks guys. Yea I have stable enough UPC 25MB. Can stream zune videos and youtube HD on the xbox but havent seen the HD symbol light up on netflix despite 3 full bars. Maybe I just havent watched any HD enabled content.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Near everything I've watched on Netflix US has been in HD... Never checked to see how many bars I get but the HD logo is there... I am watching fairly recent shows tho. Same with Hulu plus, everything shows in HD...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

You need to set the default definition from the web on you pc, haven't used it in a while but recall there being no such option when you access via xbox or mobile.

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    You need to set the default definition from the web on you pc, haven't used it in a while but recall there being no such option when you access via xbox or mobile.

yep I have it set to best quality on their website.

I was playing The Walking Dead in HD last night, no problem

Meesared wrote: »
    I was playing The Walking Dead in HD last night, no problem

On the Irish one? What kind of broadband connection do you have?

On the Irish one? What kind of broadband connection do you have?
    It may not be the Irish one, but I have a 20Mb/s UPC connection, Xbox is wired to router.

It may not be the Irish one, but I have a 20Mb/s UPC connection, Xbox is wired to router.

Guess its cos I'm on wifi so even though I can get wifi speeds of up to 20Mb/s in that room.

• Advertisement

Wifi isn't really meant for streaming HD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Shred

I can stream HD content over wireless perfectly from the local netflix but not the US one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Wifi isn't really meant for streaming HD

Really? Why not? With an N router, you should get speeds better than most wired connections? is there another reason apart from speed that makes WiFi unsuitable?

3rdDegree wrote: »
    Really? Why not? With an N router, you should get speeds better than most wired connections? is there another reason apart from speed that makes WiFi unsuitable?
    No you won't, not in real life use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

No you won't, not in real life use.

I tried both a wireless and wired connection to the PS3 and there was no difference. Both streamed HD at High Quality.

Just wondering, as you are not the first person to mention this about WiFi.

Thanks

I tried both a wireless and wired connection to the PS3 and there was no difference. Both streamed HD at High Quality.

Just wondering, as you are not the first person to mention this about WiFi.

Thanks
    Possibly in your setup, but saying wireless is faster that wired (in real life application) is just plain not true.

Advertisement