Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCSA Study Time

Options
  • 05-03-2012 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi all!

I'm about to begin studying towards my MCSA, the first module being "Windows 7 Configuration". I went down the CompTIA A+ and N+ route and I completed both of those in roughly 3 months per course. Am I looking at a similar time frame for each remaining module with the MCSA or is the study time shorter? How long would it take, roughly, to complete the 3 remaining modules?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭druidhill

Would you not be better going the MCITP route?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DaveTheSpic

Ya, probably, but I've already signed up and paid to do the MCSA. Besides, dont some of the modules in the MCSA count towards the MCITP if I chose to go for it later on?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

If it took you three months to do the N+ and A+ each, I'd say six months per MCSA exam would be a fair assessment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Can you still sit the 2003 exams, I thought they expired in '08..?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Can you still sit the 2003 exams, I thought they expired in '08..?

2000 exams expired. 2003 is gone this year or next. I think its a ten year life cycle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement