Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this measure?

Options
  • 05-03-2012 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

What does the 'c' in these measures mean, is it 'can'?

3 c. raw cashews
    ¾ c. lime juice
    ¾ c. raw honey
    ¾ c. virgin coconut oil

Any help please.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭joanas

I think it means cups.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I agree it probably means cups, but really since all the measurements use the same units, it doesn't really matter ... you'll just end up with more or less of the end result (whatever that may be!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Silly me, I should have known that! :o I have a set of cup measures here which I will use. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Alun wrote: »
    I agree it probably means cups, but really since all the measurements use the same units, it doesn't really matter .

That's the important part to remember.

It's jsut a ratio on one to the other.
    4 parts cashews and 1 part each of honey, lime juice and coconut oil.

I'm actually really intrigued as to what it is a recipe for.
    Paleo lime nut bars?

Its a No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake, which I've never made before so I don't know how it will turn out yet. Haven't a clue where to get virgin coconut oil but what can I substitute for it. Are you interested in giving it a go? I got it from some website, I can chase it up if you want.

• Advertisement

Coconut oil is avail in most supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Mellor wrote: »
    Coconut oil is avail in most supermarkets.
    And in health food shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Mellor wrote: »
    It's jsut a ratio on one to the other.
    4 parts cashews and 1 part each of honey, lime juice and coconut oil.
    If a recipe did call out just "parts" then you have to make sure it means volume and not weight. Most US recipes tend to be in volume -drives me mad.

Dunnes have virgin coconut oil at a good price, about half what health shops charge. Asian supermarkets have non-virgin coconut oil even cheaper.

I am also looking at the Weight Watchers Key Lime Pie and it looks easier, its on the allrecipes.co.uk site. It looks nice too. Decisions, decisions!

rubadub wrote: »
    If a recipe did call out just "parts" then you have to make sure it means volume and not weight. Most US recipes tend to be in volume -drives me mad.

Parts is generally a volume measurement.
    Volume drives me mad also. I understand the handyness of a cup in the past. But I think most people that uses recipes from books or online have a scales at this stage

• Advertisement
Advertisement