Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheques to england

• 05-03-2012 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭

I would like to order something from england but they want a cheque.

What is the best thing to do here, as i don't have cheques?

Would a postal order do? Converting the pound to euro, using an online converter, is this reliable?

Can i go into a bank, and ask them could i send it in pounds? Can they do anything for me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Sterling draft from the bank.

Do the only accept cheque? Seems a bit odd..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Jet Black wrote: »
    Sterling draft from the bank.

Do the only accept cheque? Seems a bit odd..

Is the sterling draft the same as a cheque?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tow

Is the sterling draft the same as a cheque?

It is better than a cheque. You can also go into the post office and get a Sterling Draft.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭homer911

A draft is guaranteed by the underwriting bank, whereas a cheque could always bounce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Thanks, i never knew about these drafts. I have got it in the post now, i presume it has to clear first before the item i want is posted. Probaby get it towards the end of next week or the week after.

• Advertisement
Advertisement