Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RPK-74M locked?

Options
  • 05-03-2012 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Something strange has happened to me. What was perviously my main assault rifle (RPK-74M) has in the past week become locked from my use? Has anyone else experienced anything likwe this? From what I've been able to gather it's unlocked when you have a support score of 170,000, which I don't have. That would be all fine and dandy, except I've managed to obtain 91 kills with it eventhough I've only acquired ~119,000 on support. What's going on here? :confused:

(And I've never knowingly cheated, so I don't think that's the problem)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's nothing to stop you picking it up from dead players and using it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

That's not something I'd generally do either. Plus it's my most-used weapon (in terms of time used, kills, unlocks) so I wouldn't think the odd picking up of it has resulted in such dedicated gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Hi guys,

Something strange has happened to me. What was perviously my main assault rifle (RPK-74M) has in the past week become locked from my use? Has anyone else experienced anything likwe this? From what I've been able to gather it's unlocked when you have a support score of 170,000, which I don't have. That would be all fine and dandy, except I've managed to obtain 91 kills with it eventhough I've only acquired ~119,000 on support. What's going on here? :confused:

(And I've never knowingly cheated, so I don't think that's the problem)

IF you haven't got a service star on support yet then you can only select it when you're russian and can only select the M27 IAR when yank. BTW the M27 is a far superior weapon.

So when I'm playing as a Russian I should be able to select it?

TBH it's not terribly important, it's just that I finally had a gander at the battlelog website and saw it was my best gun so thought I'd stick with it for a while and try to get all the unlocks on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Yeah and if you're yank you can select the M27 but not the RPK.

Its the same with the other classes default weapons. M249(you should hve it unlocked) is a great gun i got about 2000 kills with it but i've started using the M27 recently and for accuracy vs rate of fire its the best support weapon imo. The RPK is meant to be getting a buff in the next patch though.

• Advertisement

Excellent, cheers for clearing that up.

Advertisement