Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Am I seeing "Reds" under the bed - or more so just on the net today?

• 05-03-2012 2:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

Since the election *cough* (fix?) of Putin being returned to the presidents office last night, I have with some surprise seen a lot of pro-Putin comments on Irish and international sites that rarely - if ever - which espouse that the election in Russia was not fixed!

Now bypassing the debate if the election was fixed or not (I suspect it was greatly), has anyone else noticed this trend in the last 24 hours.
    Its very, VERY unusual.
    (I have a constant stream of news data, etc coming in to me.)
    Has Putin and/or his supporters more like decided to take to the internet to try and fend off the allegation that the whole election was a fix from the start?

Am I the only one that is seeing something suspicious across internet sites?
    Do I need to lie down and take a chill pill or just pack my bag and move to the conspiracy section of boards.ie? :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

shut up you fool they will hea

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

mawk wrote: »
    shut up you fool they will hea

:D OOPS! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Putin needs a kick in the gulags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

I for one welcome our old overlord.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Comrade your suggestions are ludicrous

Да здравствует Путин

Maybe I should be hung by the balls-chavicks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

It's all different now to what it was in the old days.

If we upset them all they have to do is switch off the gas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Russia is changing the people are growing less tolerant to been pushed around by its leaders.

I was just reading about Syria, it is terrible what is happening there, but any actions by the international community are been blocked by Russia and China, they don't like the prospects of people power demanding proper democracy, they don't want the Arab spring spirit to spread to their countries.

There should be international protests outside each of their embassies instead of Syria's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Putin ain't red.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

They may be closer than you think. Ah no seriously though, everyone knows Putin is actually Obama in whiteface, its the global illuminati we need to watch out for.

Dudess wrote: »
    Putin ain't red.

Given the temperature in the country, I'd say he's white with cold half the time! ;)

Seriously though, on a number of news sites (journal.ie, the English Times, etc) they have been inundated with all of a sudden pro-Putin supporters trying to state that the election was in no way fixed and that its all a West made-up fiasco! :confused:

Me thinks the internet is being invaded today by the Russkies! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rigged election?

Deal with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Dudess wrote: »
    Putin ain't red.

Putin is just another example of a Russian Czar, they have always had them and in the last century they just changed their names to Chairman of the communist party and now its Premier.

And Russia more then any state on Earth has had real sons of bitches as leaders from Ivan, Peter, Catherine, Alexander, Lenin, Stalin and many more. Its an odd place the birth rate has collapsed, it has a serious domestic abuse, drugs alcohol and HIV problem. Its system is extreme capitalist but an anarchic corrupt mafia based system. Yet they are the worlds leading energy exporters, and diamonds, and metals, it is getting richer and the peoples living standards are rising, but their freedoms are being slowly stripped away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

In Putinist Russia the reds under the bed see you....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

There's a problem though If your worried about the Reds you'd better hope they keep fixing the elections, guess who came second by a substantial margin (still much much lower than Putin though). A real Red, in fact he's a bit of a Stalinist!

The plus side is if the commies get in the Yanks can start making quality action films again, Red Dawn, Rambo 2 and 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Russian elections have had irregularities since the Yelstin years. Of course the results back then largely suited western interests so limited attention was paid by media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

There was a fine gael TD supervising the count in North moscow, was tweeting the whole thing as it went along

https://twitter.com/#!/MurphyEoghan/statuses/176397835548364800

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

I have heard it said that (it is/was believed) that Russia's natural system of government is that of an autocracy or oligarchy.
    There's a problem though If your worried about the Reds you'd better hope they keep fixing the elections, guess who came second by a substantial margin (still much much lower than Putin though). A real Red, in fact he's a bit of a Stalinist!

The plus side is if the commies get in the Yanks can start making quality action films again, Red Dawn, Rambo 2 and 3.

So is Putin to some degree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

Better the Red you know than....

I do think, the web was a refuge for geeks & freethought, but recently commercial/political interests has coped on to the it's ability to sway peoples opinion. Before there was the power of the press & then TV-news with not quite 100% unbiased (political reporting or commerical interests).

I have noticed comments on product review sites recently that do come across as counter-marketing, so if companies can do it, then political groups can.

You can almost smell a rat, when comments are agenda-ish. I havn't read the links, but why would any normal interweber, start posting stuff like 'election not fixed' it kinda goes against the grain, like if someone said Enda fixed the election, most comments would just laugh it off with a witty remark, some would go along with it, but most viewers wouldn't even waste the time replying.

Reminds me, must tune into RT to hear that the election wasn't fixed....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Tomk1 wrote: »
    Better the Red you know than....

I do think, the web was a refuge for geeks & freethought, but recently commercial/political interests has coped on to the it's ability to sway peoples opinion. Before there was the power of the press & then TV-news with not quite 100% unbiased (political reporting or commerical interests).

I have noticed comments on product review sites recently that do come across as counter-marketing, so if companies can do it, then political groups can.

You can almost smell a rat, when comments are agenda-ish. I havn't read the links, but why would any normal interweber, start posting stuff like 'election not fixed' it kinda goes against the grain, like if someone said Enda fixed the election, most comments would just laugh it off with a witty remark, some would go along with it, but most viewers wouldn't even waste the time replying.

Reminds me, must tune into RT to hear that the election wasn't fixed....

Go old school, Pravda:

No preaching needed from western quacks and charlatans
    http://english.pravda.ru/society/stories/04-03-2012/120675-No_preaching_needed-0/

Advertisement