Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guest speakers and talks on other campuses

• 05-03-2012 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Wouldn't it be lovely if our student union sent us emails about talks and presentations in other campuses in dublin?

Let's face it. We rarely have speakers come in, and when we do, they ain't that amazing. Granted we did have Fergal Quinn in last semester (he founded superquinn) which was the biggest name i can remember.

I'd like to know more about what goes on in dublin, it doesn't have to be a newsletter, just little notes sent out every now and then would be cool.

I hope SU members actually read this forum :/

Comments

Would be a good idea.

But, most of the SU pres emails are for lost usbs, or some crap like that.

I have the student president marked as junk at this stage...

Edit:
    Hey President, put fecking subjects on your emails!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

I usually just ask friends in other colleges to give me a heads up whenever there's an interesting speaker or such.

I can't remember any guest speakers at ITB. Maybe they had in the past and there was so little demand they gave up?

Can you remember how many turned up for Quinn?

Also, I doubt any of the SU read the forum.....not like it's the main forum for ITB or anything.....*sniffle*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

**** it lads, this won't ever happen.
    Also, Aideen's communication is atrocious, the subject line in emails thing is beyond a joke. At least act like you're formal in some way.

But, where there's a need, there's a business :)
    Could be a handy little site for making cash from ad revenue.
    A regularly updated site with all public talks and conferences in ireland.

Advertisement