Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tri / road Bike

• 05-03-2012 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi all,
    maybe this has been done to death but cant find anything recent. I am lloking for a bike for general maybe 15 mile spin to work and back once a week and some weekend cycles. I am hoping to get it on bike to work scheme. I do lots of road running and lots of races throughout the year and am thinking that I might get a bike that I could also do a tri or so in.
    I've never done a tri before so I suppose I am looking really for entry level bike. any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

For best advice on a new bike, try the cycling forum.
    However, for this specific question, search that forum first as the first bike/small commute/possible triathlon question comes up all the time.

Its worth checking out your local shops to see whats available within your budget, and ask for advice between various options, as people there can then assess which seems best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Well if your going in and out of work a road bike would be best. Buy some clip on aero bars then if you want to use it for tri.

What's your budget btw? Maybe then we can recommend something.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 121212

thanks for the info,

I suppose because I haven't done a tri before and am unsure how I'll take to it, i'd be reluctant to go above the 1000 bike to work allowance. Think I prob just need something that can comfortably use -wont be breaking any record :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mike.l

121212 wrote: »
    thanks for the info,

I suppose because I haven't done a tri before and am unsure how I'll take to it, i'd be reluctant to go above the 1000 bike to work allowance. Think I prob just need something that can comfortably use -wont be breaking any record :)

I'm in the same boat... do a bit of running and thinking of buying a bike for a tri, came across this website http://www.mcloughlinsgardenmachines.ie/mens-bicycles/ and they seem to have some nice entry level road bikes!

Advertisement