Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do only some forums use infractions?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've started a thread in the admin section to get an authoritative response, and if need be a corrected/updated DRP text.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Its a big site Boards. There is a lot of mods on the site. Some are active and keeping abreast with changes to how moderation works and others just do their own thing. Some have their own way of dealing with things in terms of moderation. There is regular change based on Feedback and improvements to moderation tools.

Infractions are up to each forum. Each forum has its own way of handling issues compared to others. Some issues every forum has to mod the same way regardless and there is no discretion as to how things flow in certain issues. Infractions is an example - its not required to be used, and some forums/mods may feel there is/isn't any need to use them.

For me, at the start I found it good for record keeping. Its handy to know if someone is being a troll when you issue them a warning or genuinely after making a mistake. Infraction history helps mods determine this, I would have said. But, infractions often cause a lot of upset when its received (red card and formal PM can get them upset) even if the mod was correct so in thread warnings tend to work better for a calmer way of resolving an issue.

Advertisement