Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1/5 of McDonalds Burgers sold in Europe is Irish Beef.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Moooohhhh!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

There is absolutely nothing real in a mcdonalds burger, fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I think McDonalds have burgers that range in quality. Some of them are terrible but I've had burgers (while completely sober) that where some of the best I've ever tasted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

John Doe1 wrote: »

That's a rather solipsistic approach to burgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Fur Burgers are the best lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Double 1/4 pounder and cheese.....frakking awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

The amount of actual meat in a McDonalds burger means that covers 2.5 cows every fiscal quarter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Yeah that sounds about right a fifth of a McDonalds burger is actual beef, the rest is soylent green.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Hell will be frozen over if that situation ever happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

1/5 of McDonalds Burgers sold in Europe is Irish Beef.

The remaining 4/5's are lips, hooves, tails and whatever other "mechanically recovered" meat they can throw in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

The other 4/5 are made from cow ring pieces from Chernobyl Ukraine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Stop ragging on my McDonalds burger :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I'm loving it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

i'm Lovin' it!

ftfy!

2 euro cheese burgers for win.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

ScumLord wrote: »
    I think McDonalds have burgers that range in quality. Some of them are terrible but I've had burgers (while completely sober) that where some of the best I've ever tasted.

:eek::eek:

You need to taste a burger made with real beef someday, not the mechanically processsed offal and hooves superglued together that McD's use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

There's no better way of turning grass and water into burgers than the humble cow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

John Doe1 wrote: »

Better lawyer up, them McDonald Brothers know the way to the Courts very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Funglegunk wrote: »
    That's a rather solipsistic approach to burgers.

Had to look that up, and I'm still not sure what it means... :confused:

ebixa82 wrote: »
    :eek::eek:

You need to taste a burger made with real beef someday, not the mechanically processsed offal and hooves superglued together that McD's use.
    I have tasted all kinds of burgers and stand by my statement. I went to a McDonalds that was horrible, everything about it was bad and the burger was disgusting plastic muck. I went back to the same place a year or two later, they'd changed the staff, the décor and more importantly the food. I got a double 1/4 pounder and it was one of the nicest burgers I've had anywhere. It was a proper burger too and nothing like the previous time I went there. They do make good burgers, sometimes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

enjoy them now,we'll be eating insect burgers in 10 years time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

RichieC wrote: »
    ftfy!

2 euro cheese burgers for win.

Its 2 euro for those ****ty ass cheeseburgers ?
    **** that ****

I have tasted all kinds of burgers and stand by my statement. I went to a McDonalds that was horrible, everything about it was bad and the burger was disgusting plastic muck. I went back to the same place a year or two later, they'd changed the staff, the décor and more importantly the food. I got a double 1/4 pounder and it was one of the nicest burgers I've had anywhere. It was a proper burger too and nothing like the previous time I went there. They do make good burgers, sometimes.

No doubt some McD's can produce tastier burgers than other McD's. But it's the poorest quality processed meat out there.
    God help your taste buds when you taste an actual 100% (or close enough) beef burger. There is no comparison.

And if you pump enough flavour enhancers into anything it will become tasty.

That's what those burgers are. Absolute muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Spunge wrote: »
    Its 2 euro for those ****ty ass cheeseburgers ?
    **** that ****

Double cheeseburgers ;)

No doubt some McD's can produce tastier burgers than other McD's. But it's the poorest quality processed meat out there.
    God help your taste buds when you taste an actual 100% (or close enough) beef burger. There is no comparison.
    That's what this was, I have made real beef burgers at home many times and these McDs where very close. As they're using Irish beef it's going to be pretty good anyway. God help you when you have one of McDs secret yummy burgers the taste and shock will probably make your head explode.

That's what this was, I have made real beef burgers at home many times and these McDs where very close. As they're using Irish beef it's going to be pretty good anyway. God help you when you have one of McDs secret yummy burgers the taste and shock will probably make your head explode.

I ate my last McD burger in 2003. I doubt very little has changed since then.

They still glue testicle, eyeball and every other part of the carcass to a small proportion of meat and pump it full of flavour enhancers.
    I reckon I'll get by alright without them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

The McDonald's in Rajiv Chowk (aka Connacht Place) in the centre of New Delhi has a big sign declaring that no beef or beef products are on sale there.:):)

I guess India's "truth in advertising" legislation is stricter than ours.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

They still glue testicle, eyeball and every other part of the carcass to a small proportion of meat and pump it full of flavour enhancers.
    I reckon I'll get by alright without them!

That's because you're probably still digesting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

pmcmahon wrote: »
    enjoy them now,we'll be eating insect burgers in 10 years time.

They'll be for the la de da folks, we'll all be eating sh1tburgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭pawrick

I always think the newer ones like the limited editions etc get better meat and then they gradually lower the quality of meat content as other limited editions come along. None of their standard burgers are nice these days.

and the two euro "deal" you're kidding me! they look like something shoved down the back of a builders trousers all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    The McDonald's in Rajiv Chowk (aka Connacht Place) in the centre of New Delhi has a big sign declaring that no beef or beef products are on sale there.:):)

I guess India's "truth in advertising" legislation is stricter than ours.:)

Or it could just be the fact that there actually is no beef on the menu. As in, there's no "Big Mac" or the likes, cows have a sacred place in hindu culture so there's no sweet sweet cow meat to be found on the menu of many-a-place.

I don't care what beef it is, when I'm hungover and need something greasy to ease the pain it does the trick!

Well you know what they say about assumptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

McDonalds beef burgers are actually made from proper cuts of beef.

The MRM you get in a chipper is potentially worse for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm McDonalds.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

All the McDonalds bashing is kind of funny.

Whatever about their products outside of Ireland (for example, in the US), the food you buy in the Irish outlets isn't the super processed crap a lot of people seem to think it is.

Check out the ingredients yourselves; it really isn't a case of processed offal mix and flavour enhancers here in Ireland.

mloc wrote: »
    All the McDonalds bashing is kind of funny.

Whatever about their products outside of Ireland (for example, in the US), the food you buy in the Irish outlets isn't the super processed crap a lot of people seem to think it is.

Check out the ingredients yourselves; it really isn't a case of processed offal mix and flavour enhancers here in Ireland.

Yes.It.Is.

• Advertisement

Yes.It.Is.
    Says who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Oh look who read fast food nation and is an expert- McDonalds cleaned up their act and the beef in their burgers is way better than most fast food joints

Love their 1/4 pounders with no gerkens please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Double cheeseburgers ;)

oh nvm. brb mcdonalds

buy 2x double cheese burgers. throw away 2 buns. make quadruple cheeseburger. 50g protein. hello gains

Spunge wrote: »
    oh nvm. brb mcdonalds

buy 2x double cheese burgers. throw away 2 buns. make quadruple cheeseburger. 50g protein. hello gains

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

doesnt it depends on country? our burgers here are beef while in america you get utter ****e? or is it all just utter ****e?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

pmcmahon wrote: »
    enjoy them now,we'll be eating insect rat burgers in 10 years time.

fyp

http://www.topito.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/bouffe2_001.jpg

df1985 wrote: »
    doesnt it depends on country? our burgers here are beef while in america you get utter ****e? or is it all just utter ****e?
    American beef is shyte to begin with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

100% pure cardboard muck more like any one thinks thats theres beef in there burgers needs there head tested there fish is also a big cod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

This thread just makes me want a Big Mac. But I just had one yesterday to help cure my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

patwicklow wrote: »
    100% pure cardboard muck more like any one thinks thats theres beef in there burgers needs there head tested there fish is also a big cod

:confused:

patwicklow wrote: »

There, there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Irish Wolf wrote: »
    Had to look that up, and I'm still not sure what it means... :confused:

Same. But then I don't even think you did look it up or did I just think you did because I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

Its the chemicals not listed in the ingredients you have to worry about these days.
    I still love a double quarter pounder with bacon and cheese flavoured stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Its the chemicals not listed in the ingredients you have to worry about these days.
    I still love a double quarter pounder with bacon and cheese flavoured stuff.

Ah so it's true, I always thought it was a wind up. Jesus, what do you eat when you're hungry:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I heard McDonalds chips were made of flour and the burgers are made of paperclips and bubblegum

• Advertisement
Advertisement