Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labouring Jobs in Port Headland

Options
  • 05-03-2012 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hey, I'm trying to pick up a labouring job up in Port Headland, can anyone point me in the right direction as in where to start, do they know of any companys hiring and what kind of license's would I need to work up there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

White/blue card. Get talkin to lads in the bars etc and just ask them straight out. U never know what u might land.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 comfort southern

I read through a lot of the threads about the mines on here and it seems like if your on the WHV you have no chance of securing a mining job

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ellaq

Have you looked into accommodation up there. It can be expensive and hard to come by, even camping. Getting a labour hire job in the pub should be easy enough but you probably won't be working for one of the big companies straight off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

I've travelled Australia extensively and I can honestly say that of all the places I have seen, Port Hedland is comfortably the biggest dump (along with Tom Price perhaps)! F*ck all to do there! I've heard the money is good there, but money isn't everything. Ya need a bit of a quality lifestyle aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

04072511 wrote: »
    I've travelled Australia extensively and I can honestly say that of all the places I have seen, Port Hedland is comfortably the biggest dump (along with Tom Price perhaps)! F*ck all to do there! I've heard the money is good there, but money isn't everything. Ya need a bit of a quality lifestyle aswell!
    Have to agree. If I had to choose between living on the moon and living in port hedland I would probably choose the moon. How can anyone justify paying $1200+ for a 2 bed sh#thole in such a godforsaken town?

• Advertisement
Advertisement