Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead or Alive 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

And this is why people refuse to take DoA seriously. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

The real DOA fans don't take any notice of the digital diddies, though it's hard to miss them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

LiamKK1982 wrote: »
    The real DOA fans don't take any notice of the digital diddies, though it's hard to miss them.
    Probably why there's like ten of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

Sairus wrote: »
    Probably why there's like ten of them.

Ten tits on one woman. Its DOA not Total Recall.

LiamKK1982 wrote: »
    Ten tits on one woman. Its DOA not Total Recall.
    Psh. I'm going to go back to Skullgirls. Double has all the tits you could ever want. Now there's a game with class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

And this is why people refuse to take DoA seriously. :(

Much like how some people cant take this poor girls excellent Japanese lessons seriously

Some people are so shallow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

J0hnick wrote: »
    Much like how some people cant take this poor girls excellent Japanese lessons seriously

Some people are so shallow

I fecking hate these vids

What about you Fergus!?

It would break my heart if you were subbed to this individual:pac:

Nutrient wrote: »
    I fecking hate these vids

I'm watching on mute and it is fantastic. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

Yreval wrote: »

I actually stopped going to GFAQs for a loooooong time. Recently went back and rediscovered my "car crash" interest of just not being able to look away, very similar to Kotaku in that regard. Very disappointed in myself.

As for the game itself, haven't played a DOA since Ultimate. Tempted to get back in to it for some laughs.

• Advertisement

Its sad to say but this is one of those games I couldnt play in front of my girlfriend without a lot of questions from her :rolleyes:.

I do want to buy this game though since Pai Chan, who I use in VF5, was made official.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Anyone bringing this along to Saturday's event? Would love to try it out.

Ayane for life

One frame more lag input on PS3 than on 360. Time to burn your clearly inferior PS3s.

Would really like to get this but It's hard to justify buying yet another FG at full retail, barely finding time to play the ones I've already got. :(

Sairus wrote: »
    One frame more lag input on PS3 than on 360. Time to burn your clearly inferior PS3s.

Hasn't this been the way it is since day one. An extra frame of hardware based lag isn't something developers can do anything about, unless they wanna add a frame of lag to the 360 version to even the playing field. At least in this instance, there isn't an arcade release that the PS3 version can be compared to. :P

The game has dropped to just below €30 on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dead-Alive-5-Xbox-360/dp/B0087BTY1K

Been playing this at a friends recently, what really sold me was how well Pai and the other characters from VF transferred over, I didn't even need to look at the move list to hand him his ass with Pai :).

Will probably pick this up now depending on the netcode ?, Ive heard its gone from really bad at launch to decent now with the latest patch, but not a lot of people in Europe are playing it online apparently. Did anyone here buy it ?.

That's just cheap enough for me to buy knowing I'll not play it a terrible lot. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

I've been playing DOA since DOA3 so I'm not a hardcore DOA fan but I just can't see this being a serious fighter. It's faaar too simple compared other fighters so while it can be a lot of fun, it just can't be elevated to being a tournament standard game IMO. VF and Tekken are just much more rewarding to an advanced player than DOA.

Though I'll probably pick this up when it goes around the €15 mark to go pick on DOAers with my Akira KNEE :pac:

J0hnick wrote: »
    Did anyone here buy it ?.

I did, but for PS3. Haven't played much, tbh.

In case anyone hasn't been near their PS3 in a while, DOA5 is free for PS+ users.

I don't know what to make of it. It seems to me they just took the VF system and substituted it with counters instead of guarding. Strikes beat throws, throws beat holds and holds beats strikes. It's fun and IMO, the best looking 3D fighter. The way character's clothes pick up dirt as the fight progresses and sweat, I thought that was a nice touch to the game. Combos in this game are WAAAY too easy compared to Tekken or VF. I only messed around in the dojo for 20 minutes and I already got a 121 damage combo with Akira. Still though, it's a fun game to have a bit of craic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

In case anyone hasn't been near their PS3 in a while, DOA5 is free for PS+ users.

I don't know what to make of it. It seems to me they just took the VF system and substituted it with counters instead of guarding. Strikes beat throws, throws beat holds and holds beats strikes. It's fun and IMO, the best looking 3D fighter. The way character's clothes pick up dirt as the fight progresses and sweat, I thought that was a nice touch to the game. Combos in this game are WAAAY too easy compared to Tekken or VF. I only messed around in the dojo for 20 minutes and I already got a 121 damage combo with Akira. Still though, it's a fun game to have a bit of craic
    DoA1 was built on the VF2 arcade board, and they've always taken some inspiration from it.

About combos: don't forget that certain "combos" can be interrupted by a Hold...

Oh right, I didn't know that. Explains a lot then. I've gotten some nasty combos off launchers too so those can't be escaped.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

There's also a few moves per character that are un-holdable, usually to get some easy damage or wall bounce as opposed to risking another mixup and eating a counter.

Indeed, I did notice you like using Jann's flying kick at distance :pac: but that too can be countered ;). It wouldn't be an actual counter but a very nice looking evade.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Kuro teach me how to less **** at DoA please.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Wow there is actually a DOA thread I never would have guessed. I have been meaning to pick up DOA5 for months now but haven't had the funds. However I shall be getting it soon so if anyone like Kuro or The Witch still plays it you can expect me to whip out my Ayane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Wow there is actually a DOA thread I never would have guessed. I have been meaning to pick up DOA5 for months now but haven't had the funds. However I shall be getting it soon so if anyone like Kuro or The Witch still plays it you can expect me to whip out my Ayane.

I've been playing DoA since the first game on PS1. Its a shame nobody plays it here in Ireland but I can understand why as it is a casual fighter compared to the other 3D fighters. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

I couldn't care whether it is casual fighter or a serious one. There is only one reason why I play it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

TheWitch06 wrote: »
    Its a shame nobody plays it here in Ireland

Yo dawg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

My Kokoro is too much for you guys sry.

Advertisement