Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a restaurant

Options
  • 05-03-2012 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hey Everyone

I've just been going out with my boyfriend for over a month now and he has arranged to go to dinner with his two best friends and their girlfriends. It's up to me to pick the restaurant and I really want to impress but am having a tough time picking a place!

Does anyone have any never fail restaurants that they go to? (Doesn't have to be in town).

I was thinking of maybe going to Ely winebar as it seems really upmarket, or mongolian barbeque restaurant as its fun and relaxed or Trocadero as I haven't been there in years and it's suppose to still be good!

Thanks for any suggestions!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

You cant beat Dobbins, Trocadero is good. Have heard good reports on Rustic Stone and Sixty Six.

Eat in Hugos at Christmas and it was excellent, great buzz in it. Ill Posto is great, again a great buzz there.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markest

The Pig's Ear www.thepigsear.com/
    Pichet www.pichetrestaurant.ie/

Both of above are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

rustic stone has a good value €40 menu
    but i think the main menu is overpriced over rated bull****

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

If its south Dublin, well then ragazzis in dalkey us always good.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

Bijou in Rathgar or Box Tree in Sepaside both excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

+1 on Ragazzis and the Box Tree.
    We like Camden Kitchen sometimes too.
    Vino Pasta in Greystones, but that might be a bit far south :rolleyes:

Advertisement