Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Therapy? - Vicar Street - Sat 10th March

Options
  • 05-03-2012 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭

I didnt see a thread for this, which was kinda surprising this late in the day, but hey, no reason we cant have one now!
    Who's goin? Who's excited? Who has any idea on setlist?

Comments

I can think of worst ways to spend 28 quid tbf.

I'll decide on the Friday, highly doubt it'll sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

WHAT! Feck!!! This is ****e!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

It's been rescheduled, so that's good......

and to be honest May 10th suits me much better....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Was gonna head to it with my friend but when Skindred pulled out i wasnt sure . Might still go later on in May but ill decide later on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Therapy? are one of the best live acts around. Its always worth going to see them. I hope not too many people are effected by this.

I met Andy after the last gig in Vicar St. He's sound as a pound.

The thread title should probably be changed here to reflect the date change....

NIBBS wrote: »
    It's been rescheduled, so that's good......

and to be honest May 10th suits me much better....

Yeah rescheduled is better than cancelled but why not reschedule it for a Sat instead of a thursday! Friday even would be better! :( Hopefully I'll still be able to go.
    Anyone get any email or anything about the reschedule?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Anyone had a chance to listen to the new album? Going to grab it on the way home from work.

Seen them countless times, always put on an epic show. They were fantastic last time they played Vicar Street. It's a Saturday night, no-brainer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 genehackman

A band called Souls or Sold were supposed to be supporting but from what I have heard of them you won't be missing out on much. Probably a blessing in disguise ,will miss therapy though.

• Advertisement

A band called Souls or Sold were supposed to be supporting but from what I have heard of them you won't be missing out on much. Probably a blessing in disguise ,will miss therapy though.
    Just saw its been rescheduled my mistake :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Two members of Souls are ex Kerbdog. They have a serious pedigree so I doubt they can be that bad... What have you heard of them? I believe they have only started gigging recently & theres not much on youtube about them.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Anyone had a chance to listen to the new album? Going to grab it on the way home from work.

Seen them countless times, always put on an epic show. They were fantastic last time they played Vicar Street. It's a Saturday night, no-brainer!

Yeah I got it yesterday and the initial song is brilliant. Listening to more of it and warming up to it a lot. Really enjoying it. The only good thing about the rescheduled date is I get more time with the new album before they showcase it on stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dublinrock

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Two members of Souls are ex Kerbdog. They have a serious pedigree so I doubt they can be that bad... What have you heard of them? I believe they have only started gigging recently & theres not much on youtube about them.

They are worse than you could ever imagine! I saw them at a gig in Kilkenny and have never seen a crowd clear as quick. The attitude of a particular member of the band was unreal - you can't make rockstar demands when you are a wannabe (a small hint - he was never in Kerbdog). It's just not good manners. Such a shame as seemed like a good idea on paper. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they find a different support for the rescheduled date. Or you could just stay in the bar til the main event.

Love Kerbdog
    I knew Cormac back in the day.
    Souls singer sounds like Nirvana cover band doing a bad Sean Connery Impersonation.
    Mish Moneypenny !!

So this gig is on Tomorrow... I never got any notification about the other gig (other than on here!) so is the old ticket marked 10th March still good for this new gig or do I need to get a replacement ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Six of One

I got an email from ticketmaster to say it was postponed on the 6th March. Yeah, ol dticket will do you or you can get a refund. I can't go to the gig tomorrow though after all, sent my tickets into Ticketmaster by registered post today so hopefully I get a refund with no complications.

Am disappointed not to see Therapy? as I absolutely love them live, but have to admit it lost a bit of the fun when they rescheduled it to a week night! Don't do weeknights out so well these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 AaronPunk

It was my first time seeing Therapy? tonight. It was a great gig, but I don't think the tickets sold too well as the balcony was closed off.
    Axis Of and Souls were great too.
    However there was one problem. The water at Vicar St. made me sick. I got a cup just before Therapy? came on and a few songs in I felt really sick. I left during one of their songs and got another cup (I didn't know it was making me sick at the time). It made me worst and when they started playing Diane, I had to run to the toilet and puke. I felt better. When I came back, they left the stage. When they came back, I had to get a breeder during Potato Junkie, but felt better during the rest. I'm not too sure about it as it was a great night and I wasn't feeling sick during the songs I wanted to hear, but still it was pretty crap to be feeling that way during it and, to be honest, it kind of put a damper on the otherwise perfect night. It was my fourth time at Vicar St. and also my first and last time drinking the water there.
    Also, I liked the setlist. I always thought Isolation would make a perfect intro and they ended on Screamager which was the first song of their's that I heard and what made me a fan.
    Definitely would see them again!

Mmm didn't dig the set list. No Opal Mantra again! McKeegan hasn't aged a bit. Cooper's a power house behind the kit. Poor turn out possibly due to it being rescheduled to a Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,048 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Always enjoy Seeing therapy? good oul gig last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

It was deadly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Good gig. My first time seeing Therapy?.

I'd see them again!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Adrift

"Poor turn out possibly due to it being rescheduled to a Thursday. "

Doubt it. I'd say the poor turnout is directly linked to the fact that the last two Therapy? records were atrocious, and the fact that the last time they played Dublin touring one of those records they decided to play it in it's entireity (The Abysmal "Crooked Timber").

I've been a big Therapy? fan for over 20 years now. Caught them on every tour since Infernal Love, but last nights show was the first one I wasn't even arsed about going to.

Adrift wrote: »
    "Poor turn out possibly due to it being rescheduled to a Thursday. "

Doubt it. I'd say the poor turnout is directly linked to the fact that the last two Therapy? records were atrocious, and the fact that the last time they played Dublin touring one of those records they decided to play it in it's entireity (The Abysmal "Crooked Timber").

I've been a big Therapy? fan for over 20 years now. Caught them on every tour since Infernal Love, but last nights show was the first one I wasn't even arsed about going to.

I really like that album. Obviously not a patch on their earlier material. Haven't heard the new one though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Really enjoyed the show last night. Therapy? were the first band that I ever saw live, back about 1997 or 1998 in the Olympia. Wished they would have played some stuff off Semi-Detached but can't complain too much, they saved the best for last anyway. The crowd really got into it, was standing just in front of the mosh pit and lads were just hopping off each other :) The memories from that first gig came flooding back. They still put on a good show.

Souls were alright, wasn't mad impressed by them but if they are just starting out then they showed some promise last night. Here's a pic anyway from last night from my iPhone.

Therapy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

I thought the gig was deadly, not too gone on some of the new tracks (plague bell and the buzzing) but all in all a good set. Would have liked more off Crooked Timber too.
    Isolation, ghost trio, why turbulance? unbeliever, before you.. with you.. after you, die laughing, teethgrinder, rust, if it kills me, exiles, get your dead hand off my shoulder, living in the shadow of the terrrible thing, plague bell, stories, diane(fast version) (encore) the buzzing, meat abstract, potato junkie, nowhere, knives, screamager.

Personally I thought it was a cracking gig, and I really enjoyed the setlist, I much prefer the new album to the last couple and think there's some really good tracks on it - the 2nd section of the show was just class, building up into a frenzy with the last few classic tracks, I think they always play with tonnes of energy and steamroll through their sets, I've seen them 3 times now and never been disappointed :-)

was scared there was going to be nobody there until Souls were on, who I really enjoyed despite having been seen a lot of bad things about them, but even when Therapy? were on I turned around and could see plenty of spaces on the floor, add that to the Balcony and it was a pretty poor turnout - mind you crowds are definitely down at gigs this year from what I've seen (that's my 20th gig this year) people have other priorities at the moment and are more selective to what they are going to, just a sign of the times.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

Went at the last minute to see them in Cork. Wasn't impressed at all. Maybe something to do with the sound. Just seemed like a wall of noise. Left after about half an hour. Found it a bit boring. Crap crowd as well. Busy enough but no life in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,048 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Heckler wrote: »
    Went at the last minute to see them in Cork. Wasn't impressed at all. Maybe something to do with the sound. Just seemed like a wall of noise. Left after about half an hour. Found it a bit boring. Crap crowd as well. Busy enough but no life in them.
    I heard the exact opposite this morning..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

I heard the exact opposite this morning..

Must have picked up. And I hope it did cos they are a great band. Maybe I just wasn't in the form for it and didn't give it a chance leaving so soon. My loss.

Advertisement