Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collect mail from Post Office?

Options
  • 05-03-2012 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hi I wish to buy direct from a guy online, without him knowing my home address. Is there any way for me to have it held in my local post office until I go to collect it? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hi I wish to buy direct from a guy online, without him knowing my home address. Is there any way for me to have it held in my local post office until I go to collect it? Cheers
    Maybe ask your Post Office about opening a PO box?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

Check out the Post Restante facility. Might be easier to just ring them and ask them as it's fairly difficult to find info about it online as far as I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Check out the Post Restante facility.

That's for people that don't live here. It's not for those who want a free PO box.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

not sure about an post but most couriers will allow things to be marked "hold for collection" with only your name and number required rather than your address. you could ask them if they would allow that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Can you get it sent to work? or a friends workplace or something.

Advertisement