Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does kids actually like McDonalds food?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

• Registered Users Posts: 39,415 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Also not true.

Another story circulated my email.
    Nobody appears to be sure what that pink slime is. Also the chicken isn't treated with amonnia. (sometimes beef is, but mechanically separted beef isn't used in food).
    Mechanically separated meat does exist. But the process involves grinding up the carcass.
    Importantly, its used to make things like sausages not chicken nuggets. McDonalds nuggets are made from breast meat. As are most frozen nuggets. They want that white colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Loire wrote: »
    We heated up the food before giving it to the kids so I don't think that was it. By the time I was eating it though it was kinda cool alright.

I think that was it. Heating up fast food never makes it taste the same, and kids are particularly food-critical. I think the general prognosis is that kids do like McD's. Probably a lot of it has to do with the toy association, but I also know that the only meat my young son will eat is chicken nuggets because of the mcD's visits.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dubh101

Burger King are beter.A flame grilled XL bacon double cheese burger,delish.Very naughty though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

which are made from potato ( I heard) :D

Well at least something on their menu is... :eek: lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Well at least something on their menu is... :eek: lol

Do explain, please.

Let me guess, the chips are made from flour and milk :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

The great thing about McD's is the choice they offer...

...take it or fn leave it.

Simples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Mellor wrote: »
    Let me guess, the chips are made from flour and milk :rolleyes:

That's why ya don't get vinegar in McDonalds, it would dissolve the chips.

I would've thought Calorie-wise at least that McDonalds wouldn't be half as bad as a "proper" chipper given the smaller portions and ludicrously skinny chips.

amacachi wrote: »
    That's why ya don't get vinegar in McDonalds, it would dissolve the chips.
    522232d1317010357-newbie-question-about-new-watch-not-sure-if-serious.jpg
    I would've thought Calorie-wise at least that McDonalds wouldn't be half as bad as a "proper" chipper given the smaller portions and ludicrously skinny chips.
    A bag of chips from the chipper has way more calories than a Mcdonalds portion.
    Nothing to be with being skinny chips though. Purely down to weight.
    (I think rubadub has info for how heavy a bag of chips is - its a lot)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Mellor wrote: »
    A bag of chips from the chipper has way more calories than a Mcdonalds portion.
    Nothing to be with being skinny chips though. Purely down to weight.
    (I think rubadub has info for how heavy a bag of chips is - its a lot)

Actually per gramme McDonalds might be worse, most surface area per unit mass for the oil to get in.

amacachi wrote: »
    Actually per gramme McDonalds might be worse, most surface area per unit mass for the oil to get in.
    I considered that. But its not a deciding factor. Weight is going to be a much higher contributor to total calories.

If you were to comapre 100g vrs 100g, then yeah, I'd expect chunky to be better

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dubh101

If you were to comapre 100g vrs 100g, then yeah, I'd expect chunky to be better[/QUOTE]
    Its a knowen fact skinny chips absorbe much more fat than chunky chips.

dubh101 wrote: »
    Its a knowen fact skinny chips absorbe much more fat than chunky chips.
    And who said they didn't?

Try reading it again. We were talking about serving of McDonalds vrs a chipper serving. The portions are very different. So, any slight extra in calories is completely dwarfed by a portion at least 3 times the size.

Advertisement