Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on buying xbox360

Options
  • 05-03-2012 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hey guys. Searched for a similar thread but couldn't find one. I'm thinking of buying an xbox360 250gb on adverts. I'm just wondering what I should be aware of so I don't get scammed. I've heard of people trying to fob off xboxs that got banned from live etc.

Basically what I'm asking is how can I be sure I'm not getting scammed when I'm buying it :D
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

WhosUpDocs wrote: »
    Hey guys. Searched for a similar thread but couldn't find one. I'm thinking of buying an xbox360 250gb on adverts. I'm just wondering what I should be aware of so I don't get scammed. I've heard of people trying to fob off xboxs that got banned from live etc.

Basically what I'm asking is how can I be sure I'm not getting scammed when I'm buying it :D
    Thanks

You already mentioned the most important question...whether it has been banned or modded. Be sure to ask.

Also ask if the console comes with all accessories.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WhosUpDocs

Is there any easy way to check if it's been banned or modded?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭fusuf

WhosUpDocs wrote: »
    Is there any easy way to check if it's been banned or modded?
    Ask the seller. I can't think of any other way unless somehow you can get the serial number or mac address and ring microsoft but i'd doubt that would work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

fusuf wrote: »
    Ask the seller. I can't think of any other way unless somehow you can get the serial number or mac address and ring microsoft but i'd doubt that would work.
    Youd be right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭SM01

Apologies for piggybacking on someone else's thread however I'm also looking for some advice on buying a second-hand xbox 360 - probably from a retail outlet though.

My xbox 360 was nicked recently and with money being tight I've decided to opt for a second-hand one this time around. Is there are informal guidlines or rules with regard to specific model etc. I should be looking to avoid with regard to RROD when I go to buy?

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

If possible get a preowned 360 S the ones that aren't as suceptible to the RROD in the older models are hard to pick out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭SM01

Meesared wrote: »
    If possible get a preowned 360 S the ones that aren't as suceptible to the RROD in the older models are hard to pick out.

Much appreciated!

Advertisement