Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emigrating to USA

Options
  • 05-03-2012 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hope someone can shed a bit of light for me as I'm not tooo sure on what process I need to go through.
    This is my situation I'm a qualified carpenter 3years now looking to head to america for work is it the one year working visa I would need to get. It would just be myself no family. If anyone could share a bit of information with me it would be great thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

There isn't a work visa for a carpenter, sorry. Your best option is to try your luck with the Diversity Visa lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭toshy321

thanks for reply I suppose I'd be able to get 3month working visa though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Not sure which visa you are refering to? If you mean the visa waiver program for 90 days, you cannot work on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭MrEko

Sorry man but there is no visa for any skilled trades like carpenters, plumbers, etc. I was trying to get one last year as a way of working in the US and seeing my girlfriend who is a US citizen but no luck. The only visa that is really open to you is the holiday one but you cant work on that. Try your luck with the diversity lottery maybe?

Advertisement