Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is it like to live in Coolock, Adare Drive.

Options
  • 05-03-2012 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Heya there, my parents are planning to buy a house and we saw this lovely house in Adare Drive, i was just wondering what is the Adare area like? It is a nice area, what are the people there like? are the neighbours nice too? and is it handy to live in Coolock? Would you recommend living in that area or so?

Please help me out here, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Moved to Dublin city.

B&C

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭fj1200

Coolock Garda station is a couple of hundred metres down the road from Adare Drive. I would advise going in and getting their opinion of the area. It wouldn't be my first choice, I've lived near there for the past 21 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭pigman2000

sorry to be boring but it depends where you're moving from!
    moving from D6? - not good here mate...

if they've got two quiet neighbours beside them, totally grand.
    the area otherwise is only ok, very near M50 and various shopping centres and beaumont hospital too.

if they're into quiet nights in - doing their stuff during the day grand. but any evening strolls are out as the area has degraded since the recession, abandoned tayto factory is a disgrace and that side of northside (well it's all bad really) is a bit depressing too.

generally safe i have to say but to conclude - depends on where they're coming from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

pigman2000 wrote: »
    sorry to be boring but it depends where you're moving from!
    moving from D6? - not good here mate...

if they've got two quiet neighbours beside them, totally grand.
    the area otherwise is only ok, very near M50 and various shopping centres and beaumont hospital too.

if they're into quiet nights in - doing their stuff during the day grand. but any evening strolls are out as the area has degraded since the recession, abandoned tayto factory is a disgrace and that side of northside (well it's all bad really) is a bit depressing too.

generally safe i have to say but to conclude - depends on where they're coming from

care to elaborate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

fj1200 wrote: »
    Coolock Garda station is a couple of hundred metres down the road from Adare Drive. I would advise going in and getting their opinion of the area. It wouldn't be my first choice, I've lived near there for the past 21 years.

+1.

I wouldn't go near the kip tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I live in Coolock, albeit in a slightly better area than Adare.

To be totally honest, I wouldn't recommend anyone move here. If you're a local, you're usually pretty okay, safe and whatever, because you'll know everyone. But to be totally honest, the place is not a good area.

Advertisement