Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Accounting Qs

• 05-03-2012 6:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭

Just wondering is there any questions on the course that havnt been asked yet. Like what happened in 2009?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

For Higher Level, departmental accounts can come up as 120mark questions. It probably won't happen, but it is on the curriculum - they are common at ordinary level!
    Obviously the HL versions would have more adjustments and be trickier than the OL counterparts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭bobjimmy

Oh i know ya it came up last year sure. But i was wondering is there any chance of a completely new type of question coming up like a deparmental A/C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

bobjimmy wrote: »
    Oh i know ya it came up last year sure. But i was wondering is there any chance of a completely new type of question coming up like a deparmental A/C

Departmental accounts are on the syllabus as a potential question 1 so it is possible that they could come up. Most teachers don't cover them, but who knows, some year might be caught out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭John Sugrue

For Higher Level, manufacturing accounts can come up as 120mark questions. It probably won't happen, but it is on the curriculum - they are common at ordinary level!
    Obviously the HL versions would have more adjustments and be trickier than the OL counterparts.

I think you probably mean Departmental Accounts?
    Manufacturing comes up every few years in the HL and definitely is a possibility!

EDIT: Ah... I should have read on... :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I think you probably mean Departmental Accounts?
    Manufacturing comes up every few years in the HL and definitely is a possibility!

EDIT: Ah... I should have read on... :)

You're right, I meant departmental just typed in manufacturing, not sure what I was thinking! :o

• Advertisement

Cool thanks that clarifies that. Wat about the costing and budgeting sections of the course is there any chance that a completely new unseen question could be asked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

bobjimmy wrote: »
    Cool thanks that clarifies that. Wat about the costing and budgeting sections of the course is there any chance that a completely new unseen question could be asked

Only what's on the syllabus can be asked. If something on the syllabus hasn't been seen before, there is always the possibility that it may come up some year.

They can vary the way the questions are asked, or the way the workings are presented. If you know the course well and feel confident about questions and workings you should be fine :)

Thanks but i looked up the syllabus and it was very vague it just basically said that you need to know the different concepts of Accounting. It dosnt really tell you what specific questions are on the course

Advertisement