Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Club in Cork

Options
  • 05-03-2012 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

I live in Ballincollig and would like to start running. I don't like going out by myself in the evening and have found it impossible to make new friends since I moved here:(. Are there any running clubs in Ballincollig/Cork City I could join or other ideas..? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

KittyMcM wrote: »
    I live in Ballincollig and would like to start running. I don't like going out by myself in the evening and have found it impossible to make new friends since I moved here:(. Are there any running clubs in Ballincollig/Cork City I could join or other ideas..? Thanks

Leisureworld in Bishopstown did have one last year during the summer months. Just a basic enough 5km run, when the winter came in it got shelved.
    Good fun though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

http://www.eagleac.net/

That's just one - there are others such as Leevale, St Finbarrs, Rising Sun etc.
    I know this lot to be a very active and friendly club - no doubt the others are as well - and they cover track and road so there should be something there for everybody.
    Not a member of any clubs myself but would be reasonably familiar with the running scene in Cork.
    Cork BHAA organise regular Road Races as well and are regularly looking for volunteers to help out. Most of their members would be attached to other clubs well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I'm a member of St. Finbarr's AC. A very large club catering for all levels of running a great bunch of people. Once you join a club your fitness will come on leaps and bound. Check out: www.stfinbarrsac.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 shoeaddict27

I'm in the exact same boat. I've seen a few running clubs around but i'm worried they'll leave me in the dust. I can barely run for 5 mins before having to break. Do any of the clubs cater for beginners?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I'm in the exact same boat. I've seen a few running clubs around but i'm worried they'll leave me in the dust. I can barely run for 5 mins before having to break. Do any of the clubs cater for beginners?

yes, many welcome beginners and I can speak from experience, lately in St. Finbarr's we've seen a large increase in new members. The training sessions have all levels of fitness, just like all large clubs it's safe to say you will not be alone and you will improve your fitness in no time.
    It's a great time to join a club, the road and track season is upon us, some great long sunny days of running ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭disco biscuit

Would you be interested in playing tennis or handball?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Federer

anyone interested in challenging me to a game of tennis??

Advertisement