Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mild/Warm Settled Weather likely from March 10th onwards

Options
  • 05-03-2012 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

The charts being churned out would bring severe heatwave conditions in summer months but as we move towards the middle of March they will still bring with them some glorious weather with some sunshine and mild to warm temperatures. Temperatures to 18c definitely possible in sunshine.

The unprecedentedly mild winter weather looks like it will be replaced by an impressive Spring southerly plume after a brief cold shot midweek.

Get the barby and beers iced :D

Some of the ECM Output below.

Saturday 10th

Recm1201.gif

Monday 12th

Recm1681.gif

Lasting all the way to Thursday 15th and afterwards ?

Recm2401.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

It it will be nice to have some warm dry weather ,beer and bbq it will be nice to look forward to my second bbq of the year:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Please let it happen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

The unprecedentedly mild winter weather looks like it will be replaced by an impressive Spring southerly plume after a brief cold shot midweek.

Get the barby and beers iced :D

Lasting all the way to Thursday 15th and afterwards ?

I cried reading that ;):p

Hopefully there won't be to much low fog and drizzly muck around here this time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

As these charts like to change

I still expect mild misty rain out of this as it get closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Lets enjoy it now as it will probably be pissing rain for most of the summer..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

* goes gets hibernation stuff together*...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

....also with sea surface temps at their lowest, possible risk of sea fog drifting onto coasts?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Looking at the primary indicators I think calling an end to Winter weather is very premature. Although I agree with weathercheck that a milder period of weather (not "warm" tbh) is coming I can't help but say Winter weather is not over yet;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Come on darkman, winter never arrived in fairness, not much real frost even this year. Roll on to a good summer hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The_Undertones_-_Here_Comes_The_Summer.jpg

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    The_Undertones_-_Here_Comes_The_Summer.jpg

First giggle of the day Mike65, cheers :):D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Weathercheck's link isn't static. It's already starting to veer away from a warm period. Still on the cards but I dont think it will anywhere near as warm as Weathercheck had previously stated.

It could also veer back and become even warmer :) BELIEVE

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

lets hope we manage to see charts like these deliver during June, July & August when it's really needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

I remember a St Patricks day a few years ago when we had 18C, sunny and warm, we actually wore tshirts and sunglasses to the parade! :eek::D
    Would be nice to have that again instead of the normal, rain hail and wind!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yet another fallback on the latest ECM. Looks calm alright but 18 is looking more unrealistic. 14/15 max looks more sensible at the moment.

St. Patrick's Day on the other hand looks quite handy but its just too far out to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

darkman2 wrote: »
    Looking at the primary indicators I think calling an end to Winter weather is very premature. Although I agree with weathercheck that a milder period of weather (not "warm" tbh) is coming I can't help but say Winter weather is not over yet;)
    It never started to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I rember when i was about 8 or 9 years old we were at our local st paddys day parade and wearing shorts and eating ice cream,4 days later we were making snowmen:),it was about 24 years ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Whippy not! Bring on next winter I hate sun and warmth ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I will stick with going for temp to hit 17 or 18c somewhere in a bit of sunshine :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You are playing it really safe there Weathercheck :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Looks like it will start off mild, cloudy & of course drizzly!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Useless fact of the day: the last time the MSLP value at Malin Head went below the 1000 hPa mark was on the 26th of January last. The 50 day average (up to today) at this station is standing at 1021.2 hPa - around 10 to 12 hPa above normal; and if tonight's ECM was to verify, it is possible that the air pressure value will not fall below 1020 hPa at Malin Head (or anywhere else for that matter) over the next 5 to 7 days at least. The Azores high influence really digging its heals in this year so far.

Don't worry it'll piss off later this month and not be seen again until September. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Useless fact of the day: the last time the MSLP value at Malin Head went below the 1000 hPa mark was on the 26th of January last. The 50 day average (up to today) at this station is standing at 1021.2 hPa - around 10 to 12 hPa above normal; and if tonight's ECM was to verify, it is possible that the air pressure value will not fall below 1020 hPa at Malin Head (or anywhere else for that matter) over the next 5 to 7 days at least. The Azores high influence really digging its heals in this year so far.

Since the start of the year we have been under the influence of a Euro/Azores hybrid HP system. It basically killed this winter stone dead - I just hope it will hang around long enough to delveier a decent summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

But doesnt the Azores high just drag in mild, damp cloudy weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

snaps wrote: »
    But doesnt the Azores high just drag in mild, damp cloudy weather?

Looks cloudy for Saturday with drizzle in places but at the moment looks like clearer skies for Sunday-Tuesday for most with temperatures advancing towards 17c or perhaps higher :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Looking better this evening than the past couple of days with the high sat right over us, not getting my hopes up too much but hopefully it might keep the Atlantic systems at bay for a few days

gfs-0-72_ieg1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

just out of interest, and I dont mean to insult anyone, but are there websites/met stations that are 'more accurate' than others.

I know when i check a few like met.ie/metcheck/weather/bbc/yahoo....they can vary substantially. Id assume met eireann would be most accurate for ireland as they are most interested in ireland, but.........???

Which is the best to use :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

And wouldn't you know Cheltenham is on next week. They often manage to get cracking weather. Bring it on.

Advertisement