Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mild/Warm Settled Weather likely from March 10th onwards

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

definite heat out there today .....good call weathercheck. last 2 days cold and overcast for me.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Temps are nowhere near 15 today though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I'm freezing and it's raining! Summer weather already ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

you sure, ive had a 15.9c here today, currently 14.2c

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Hit 16.0c here yesterday; the min last night was 10.8c; topped out at 13.6C today due to cloud cover and it's currently over 12C.

That's mild for early March I'd say ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

The saying is, "March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb." Will it be the other way round this year? Can we expect lionish weather for the end of the month? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Official max today at the synop stations was 14.0 °C at both Johnstown Castle and Ballyhaise. Coolest was Malin Head, 10.6 °C.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Can we expect lionish weather for the end of the month? :D

Or all summer:(!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

strange, but we had a lot of sun today here. both the car (16c) and the garden weather station recorded 15.9c today. Not going to argue over it, but perhaps where the sun came out (for once we had a sunny day) it got that little bit warmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its been pretty nice here for the last 3/4 days some decent sun and today not a whiff of breeze. Looks like it breaks down on Friday, just in time for Paddys Day.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

snaps wrote: »
    strange, but we had a lot of sun today here. both the car (16c) and the garden weather station recorded 15.9c today. Not going to argue over it, but perhaps where the sun came out (for once we had a sunny day) it got that little bit warmer.

Snaps - it very possible you got 15.9 (ignore the car!) while the official stations maxed out at 14c. Yesterday it really depended on how many breaks in the cloud cover you got in early - mid afternoon.

It would be a complete statistical fluke if any of the official stations were located in the precise place(s) where the highest temperatures occurred.

Nothing strange about your 15.9! ;)

It is in line with many generally reliable observations. If you'd claimed 19.9, on the other hand............we'd need an investigation :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Panic ye not lovers of settled weather, the next few days are but a rude interruption things quieten down again on Monday and by Friday the temps will be nudging the early teens again with high pressure wandering in and around Ireland like a drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

I don't thinkthe solar lights in the garden lit as much all last summer as they have done already this spring :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭compsys

While the weather has been settled for the past few days there's been no sun in Dublin for almost a week and it's just been grey and mucky. I'd almost prefer rain as then you'd at least get to see some sun between the showers!

I see another 'settled' period is forecast for next week. Will this one bring better weather?

Advertisement