Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching Modem with UPC

• 05-03-2012 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hey all,

I'm just curious has anyone replaced the modem that UPC has given them with one of their own, I've been having an absolute terrible time with the Thompson router they gave me.

I can't stream media properly at all without stuttering, sometimes when more than 2 devices try to connect to the network at the same time, the router will restart itself and in general the port forwarding doesn't seem to work properly at all as I'm constantly getting NAT problems on games.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You cannot supply your own cable modem. Take a look at the sticky on the EPC2425 to see ways of using your own router in conjunction with a cable modem.

Advertisement