Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this censorship?

• 05-03-2012 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭

I am paying a lot of attention to the Sherlock antics on Twitter & Facebook, and they keep saying that they are trending on one website, but Twitter is refusing to acknowledge their topic.

A friend of mine is a real paranoid fella, and reckons that everything we say and do is censored and that keywords can be flagged to not appear. I've checked out the Sherlock stuff, and what they are saying is true, it is almost like there is censorship already to prevent any coverage being gained!

What do ye think?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

100% right,we're just 1 step behind Pyongyang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

ottostreet wrote: »
    I am paying a lot of attention to the Sherlock antics on Twitter & Facebook, and they keep saying that they are trending on one website, but Twitter is refusing to acknowledge their topic.

A friend of mine is a real paranoid fella, and reckons that everything we say and do is censored and that keywords can be flagged to not appear. I've checked out the Sherlock stuff, and what they are saying is true, it is almost like there is censorship already to prevent any coverage being gained!

What do ye think?
    Who are you Sherlock fcukin Holmes?

Sean Sherlock Sean Sherlock Sean Sherlock Osama Bin Laden Kill the President Assassinate Barrack Obama.

There, if we are being monitored, then I'm pretty sure I've set off some flags just there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

What do ye think?
    Whatever you do DONT take off your tinfoil hat and DO start taking the tablets again, paranoia can be very dangerous!:D;):D

(Seriously, I doubt if it has got that bad yet)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

is what censorship? your post came up blank

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

nope, you're just reading too much into having nothing to read.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Target acquired, we have a shot.
    Aknowledge command to take the shot.
    Target intercepted, target down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Guill

I have no idea what's going on/censored. Can someone PM me where to look?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Maybe, they're telling little white lies to further their cause. I'm just saying that it's possible. I mean I'd be on your side in this and I would say that Sean Sherlock now controls Twitter from his Bond villain lair in Midleton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Isn't Twitters new European HQ in Dublin now? Makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

flyswatter wrote: »
    Isn't Twitters new European HQ in Dublin now? Makes sense.

It does actually Jim, it does indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

They said its showing up on trendsmap, which it is. But its not showing up on Twitter, which is true! Maybe it's just the fact I feel strongly about it and am annoyed with Sherlock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Spoiler tags are a form of censorship.
    See what I mean!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

How do you know if Sean Sherlock has censored your internet?

Because there'll be Tip-Ex on your screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

I am very lost as to what is going on. I'm gonna presume the 'Sherlock' fella isn't the one with the pipe that solves mysteries...
    So what's being censored?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

full_irish wrote: »
    I am very lost as to what is going on. I'm gonna presume the 'Sherlock' fella isn't the one with the pipe that solves mysteries...
    So what's being censored?

They are trying to get mainstream coverage of the SOPA/ACTA thing. They have succeeded in getting their tag on twitter to trend, but it won't show up on Twitter, which is where the mainstream are more likely to pick up on any sort of campaign!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

They are trying to get mainstream coverage of the SOPA/ACTA thing. They have succeeded in getting their tag on twitter to trend, but it won't show up on Twitter, which is where the mainstream are more likely to pick up on any sort of campaign!

Cheer lad. That makes sense now... and Yes, yes it is.

A long shot but if you shot this 'censorship story' over to the boys at http://www.joe.ie I think there's a good chance they'd take a look at it and stick it into an article. I know they're not 'mainstream' media but they have a pretty decent readership from what I gather and it's better than nothing.

This is the boy who tend to do the serious type news articles: denis.mcevoy@joe.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

full_irish wrote: »

A long shot but if you shot this 'censorship story' over to the boys at http://www.joe.ie I think there's a good chance they'd take a look at it and stick it into an article. I know they're not 'mainstream' media but they have a pretty decent readership from what I gather and it's better than nothing.

This is the boy who tend to do the serious type news articles: denis.mcevoy@joe.ie

For the record....... joe.ie is muck.
    The sunday world in online form.

Its alexa.com keywords: austria sex, sex school, dole, dundrum town centre

Advertisement