Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holidays and work problem

Options
  • 05-03-2012 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

I'm on 2 weeks holiday right now and today i received a text telling me i have to be at work tomorrow evening for a staff meeting. Obviously being on holiday i have plans with my family.

Does anyone know where i stand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Unless you're in a senior position, then I'd be inclined to say that you're away and can't make it.

No need for hints on where you work, best to keep it anonymous.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

i received a text telling me i have to be at work tomorrow evening for a staff meeting.

Was this directly sent ot you or just to all staff? Did you answer? If not I'd just say you're away for the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 clarab

It was sent to all staff as far as i know and i haven't answered yet.

I think i'm going to say i'm away and leave it at that i'm just worried about being disciplinary hearing, i'm just pretty sure they can't if i'm off on holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

You're on annual leave and you got what sounds like a group text. Politely decline because you're away with the family, and don't allow them to set a precedent where you can be called in for a meeting on your days off.

Might be no harm to ask one of your colleagues what it was about though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Aren't you over in Spain (the UK, Poland, wherever) at the moment? Sure with the dodgy phone systems, the text probably didn't get delivered until tomorrow .... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

Unless they pay you to be on call there is no requirement for you to come in during an approves & scheduled annual leave break.

Advertisement