Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evo Qualifier Tournament - April 14th, v2012 A.E. - Trinity College Dublin

Options
  • 05-03-2012 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭

On Saturday the 14th of April the Irish Fighting Game Community will hold its third annual Evo qualifier tournament.

This years is being held in Goldsmith Hall, part of Dublins historical Trinity College. It's looking like the best one yet and will be streamed on www.twitch.tv/randomselectie for the world to see.
    You can register on the day or pre register at http://evo.randomselect.ie

Doors open at 9.00 for registration. Entry to event is €10.

Game|Time|Cost (euro)|Prize
    SFxT|10am|10|Hori MvC3 Stick
    MK9|10am|10|PDP MK Stick
    UMvC3 |12pm|10| Soul Calibur TE
    SSF4AE2012|1.30pm|15|Flights to Las Vegas and registration for Evo

There'll be more prizes and much more merriment on the day.
    Come along for the biggest day in the Irish Fighting Game calender year!

Hi all,

Tis that time of year again - Evo is coming. We, the Fighting Games Community of Ireland, are hosting a qualifying tournament for the event with a first prize of flights to Las Vegas to represent Ireland and compete for honour!

The main tournament will be SSF4AEv2012. We will also be running uMVC3, SFxT teams and, MK9 tournaments. If possible we may also run other smaller tournaments. This will depend on capability. A Timetable for the days events and the cost of entry will be confirmed and put up later in the week. We are hoping that everyone in the community can make it to this event and make it the biggest we have had so far. After the success of last years event I think we can go one better.

The rules will follow inferno for SSF4 and the other tournament formats for MVC3 and SFxT. MK9 format is tbc.

Prizes so far include flights, entry to EVO, some vouchers. Hopefully we will expand this to other prizes but the main point of course is to fund the main prize.

The event will be held at Goldsmith Hall, Pearse Street/Westland Row, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin City, Ireland on the 14th April, 2012 (Thanks to the Trinners crew for their help with this). There will be no inferno in April to help with this event (Thank you guys)

We are taking early registrations on the official website at http://evo.randomselect.ie (a completely different design to last years).

I could really do with everyone registering on the website as soon as possible if you can. Please goto the registration page and put in your details so we can plan to make the event memorable.

We will, for the first time, be streaming this tournament as well as the usual of recording equipment, the projectors setup and the latest technique of turtling and raging.

I will use this thread to update you as we get closer to the event. We only have 6 weeks to plan and execute this! I hope everyone can make from all over Ireland, up north, in Cork and the other wilds as well as Dublin.

I'll be putting up another thread for equipment and volunteers to help me with my madness.

COME ONE, COME ALL - GET HYPE!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Hound, Ladnopoka and Fergus are too scared to post but you should be aware that this is the same weekend as Stunfest. I imagine it's locked in place at this stage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Stunfest is on around that time. It would be a bad time because people outside Ireland would most likely attend that instead, maybe consider changing the date if it's possible or whatever to bring in more people.

EDIT: Damn you Orim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Date change is unpossible at this point I'm afraid...... Soz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Date change is unpossible at this point I'm afraid...... Soz

Really? Is there more to it than just having Goldsmith for the day? Seems like it'd be worth working around that rather than clashing with one of the biggest European tournaments of the year.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Really? Is there more to it than just having Goldsmith for the day? Seems like it'd be worth working around that rather than clashing with one of the biggest European tournaments of the year.

The main concerns for timing this event in April were consideration for college exams in May, the lateness of start of planning (busy few weeks), and the proximity of Evo this year (early July instead of the last week). This is even more important this year as we do not have a couple of sticks lying about to offer as prizes and the cost of running this years will be higher - the earlier we book the flights, the cheaper they are. TBH I didn't know there was another event on that week but the venue is booked and website finished.

imho success would be everyone in Ireland (North and South) attending. Getting international people to come over would be nice but this is an irish qualifier (unofficial). I am not trying to be obstinate here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Ah, shíte. I'm running the game tourneys at Anime Dublin on April 14th - it's basically a one day mini convention thing and we've a games room all day. I'm going to be hopefully running an SFxT tourney and it's only a fiver in for the whole day.

Was hoping some of you guys might pop in for the tourney but alas ;_; Also sad that I have to miss this now! Evo qualifiers last year were really fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

if mk is there i'll be there :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Dude that registration page looks sliiiiiiick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Cool. will sign up there now.

As an aside Randomselect.ie needs to be fixed, people are going to click that home button yo, and could do with a quite a few people updating it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,996 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Registered. It was a struggle though as the site doesn't appear to like the android browser.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Cool. will sign up there now.

As an aside Randomselect.ie needs to be fixed, people are going to click that home button yo, and could do with a quite a few people updating it too.

Maybe you should start the annual thread about it :D

Registered. It was a struggle though as the site doesn't appear to like the android browser.

Shud've got an iphone - works fine on that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Any chance of running singles in sfxt instead of teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah I'd agree with Bush on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

gotta say I like the idea of teams.

We may be able to do both. This will depend on the number of setups people bring. If we get enough setups to cater for running another tournament, I will. We have the venue from 9am until 6pm. This is a strict timetable. Last year we got 12 setups. We have the space with this venue to have 20 setups. So far we have commitment from community members for 6 consoles and TV's in the thread (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056568685). That was one day so I am hopeful we can reach a 20 setup target. This will allow for a quicker pace through the tourneys and maybe even concurrent ones.

This raises something I remember people had an issue with last year that some were unhappy about having to play in 2 tourneys at the same time. Whilst I will try to minimise this as much as possible, there will invariably be a time where it might happen and it is just a fact of running tournaments on a shoe string.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

bush wrote: »

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

bush wrote: »

I'm with bush on this as well.

Also, Cork people, we need to organize a Pilgrimage to Dublin once again for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Any chance of either banning gems or banning sfxt, im fine with either.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

Ill be there for MK like the rest of the "K"rew ;)

@Letters: I hope you bring directions dude!

@Doom/Orin: How much is entry for each tourney?, I might enter SF X T too.

Also EVO ticket and **** only for SSF4AE?

All the best,
    RAZER

• Advertisement

I'll finalise prices later this week.

Flights are for sf only. I'm looking for other prizes.

ayjayirl wrote: »
    I'll finalise prices later this week.

Flights are for sf only. I'm looking for other prizes.

Cheers well iv registered for MK anyway.
    Can we update it at a later time to register for another game?

Thanx for the info.

May MK be with you..... ALWAYS! lol

All the best,
    RAZER

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Augh, this is the same date as my nephew's Christening on the other side of the country.

Will have to see what I can do about this. I don't want to be a terrible Uncle, but I also don't want to have missed every single evo qualifier ever D:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Ill be there for MK like the rest of the "K"rew ;)

@Letters: I hope you bring directions dude!

dont worry ill play tour guide again,ill just meet you at the spire :D
    vulcan coming?
    ill let glue know and ill put it up on tym when theres more stuff finalised

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

Ugh... booked to play a wedding that night. I wouldn't want to risk not making it back to Belfast in time. Damn shame, last year was fantastic; best event I've been to by far. Best of luck guys, hope it goes well.

dont worry ill play tour guide again,ill just meet you at the spire :D
    vulcan coming?
    ill let glue know and ill put it up on tym when theres more stuff finalised

Ill see if hes up for it man. Ill try to get as many down as possible.

The Spire it is amigo.

All the best,
    RAZER

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

First tournament I entered in this scene last year and of course I'll be there to raise funds for the plane ticket (don't want to say get bodied)

First tournament I entered in this scene last year and of course I'll be there to raise funds for the plane ticket (don't want to say get bodied)

You bringing Kitana with you? :)

All the best,
    RAZER

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

I'm with bush on this as well.

Also, Cork people, we need to organize a Pilgrimage to Dublin once again for this!

Yup..for sure. I'd say we go the day BEFORE this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Will go to this..to me the qualifier last year really showcased how the community has progressed and grown.Quality event.

Wonder if there is a boozer near for pre-game jars..Neenak,your round lad

Advertisement