Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evo Qualifier Tournament - April 14th, v2012 A.E. - Trinity College Dublin

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Hey peeps- Bad, good, bad news with the videos :)

Bad news- looked at the twitch archive... wow, that looks bad, full of delays and lag spikes. I'd blame the wireless, ultimately if you're not wired you can't be definite about stable speed. Especially in a room full of nerds using interwebs.

Good news- Xsplit worked well and I have the ENTIRE DAY recorded on my laptop, start to finish.

Bad news- I have 1 huge 5 hour file, which I will have to break down, so it may be a while before you see all of the tournament.

Just wanna say thanks to everyone who came, to everyone who helped (every little bit really does help in these things) and especially AJ who pulled it off again in even greater style this year.

I will be working at getting all the stream up on YT asap. I don't think using twitch to do it is viable, sadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

If you want you can pass your external onto me again Doom and I can upload it from here overnight or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Is it just me or are the recordings of the stream on twitch un-watchable? The speed they download is awful. Can't watch and stream them at the same time at all. It's crap! Not sure if it's me having a ****e connection or Twitch being ****e? Anyone else getting poor transfer rates?

http://www.twitch.tv/randomselectie/videos?page=2

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Fine for me regarding download speed. The stream recording itself is laggy in places but thats not on twitch's end. I would wager that was the connection used when recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

First of all, thanks to AJ and those involved for once again running a successful event. I imagine it's no easy task to bring this all together. I had no problem helping where needed when I was around the day before and on the day itself.

Next, GGs to everyone I played over the weekend be it casuals the night before, casuals the day itself or actual tournaments matches, it's nice to play some of you people offline for a change.

Well done to the winners of all the tournaments, it was well deserved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

First things first- Fair play to AJ! What an incredible set-up! Two big-ass projector screens with an even bigger ass projector screen in the middle? Now that's that stuff right there! The whole room looked and felt amazing! Can we have that at DoCs from now on? :pac:

Good games to everyone I fought against. It was monster craic. A really enjoyable experience from start to finish.

My apoligies for my crusty voice during the commentary. I was dragon punched by a bit of man flu during the week, so it left me sounding like a poor man's Batman.

Also, fair play to Letters for bringing home the bacon in the MK tourny. That final made for some serious watching.

Finally, word up to Letters and Razer for the late night casuals last night. Great craic, lads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

So Yeah evo event innit.

First up shoutouts to The Goldsmith Hall being located exactly where I didn't think it was, leading to me ambling around the trinners ground like an Irish-american looking for her granny. But aside from that, for being a site with a welcome bit of room, a luxury we'll all remember the next sunny day in the Exchange.

Have the action up on the projectors was sick, never before have so many people seen a bad button config blow up so big.

I wasn't able to be up in time for the earlier tournaments, but from what I can see they all ran smoothly, SSFIV did anyway despite a few setups being a bit, well lets call them; friends of Yun.

For everyone that turned up, especially the new people I met, fair play. It can definitely be daunting to show up to an event like this with any previous experience, or knowing what to expect. Terry man, great to see you again.

For everyone who did not show up... ಠ_ಠ

Best part of the night though was managing to find a bar where we could all fit, talk ****e and eat weird Spanish food. Apologies to anyone whose ear I talked of with inane rubbish.

So I have to extend my sincere thanks to Dreddy for giving me a (surprisingly comfortable) place to crash, and avoid hanging around outside busaras for the night.

So essentially this is getting into a long winded way of saying this:
    Having an annual day for our scene is important for our spread out scene, playing our games and bonding afterwards. Thanks, to everyone who put in efforts, lots of it, to make it happen.

AJ, Doom, aileen, anyone with an unoffcial shirt, the equipment donate-ers, noise-makers, hype creators and uh... pint servers.
    I had to take myself home after the jack daniels started to make me walk funny.

;)

Final shoutout goes to dreddy's cat for scaring the bejesus out of me while i was asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Good news- Xsplit worked well and I have the ENTIRE DAY recorded on my laptop, start to finish.

Bad news- I have 1 huge 5 hour file, which I will have to break down, so it may be a while before you see all of the tournament.

If there's anything I can do to help this get uploaded faster, please let me know.
    I have access to pretty blindingly fast internet and I'm dying to watch it.

Well, both WMM and iTunes crap out under the weight of a 5 hour file, so unless someone can get out to my house before the weekend, the weekend it will be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Use Virtualdub?

• Advertisement

Oh yeah VD, I used to use that in the old days on my netbook when I didn't have access to a mac to tidy up the doomcam footage. I'll give that a shot tonight.

I could also check if mpeg streamclip could handle it.

Just wondering who took the pics of the winners at the end of the event, and what site they were for... And also if I can nab one or two of them for H-S-N.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

A bit late with the post (boards is now blocked in work!) but just wanted to say congrats to all for organising a great event. Went smoothly and allowed for some great hype!

Really enjoyed it, was great to be part of the scene again. Hopefully I can hang around for a while longer before being shipped out again. Good games to everyone I played and well done to stevo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,996 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Well done to all involved in the organisation and running of the event. Also well done to all who attended.

Boo to those who didn't.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

deathrider wrote: »
    Just wondering who took the pics of the winners at the end of the event, and what site they were for... And also if I can nab one or two of them for H-S-N.

That was me. To cut a long story short, the card had to be formatted half way through the event, and the photos from before that were copied onto a laptop of some sort. But they weren't put back on it seems.

Doom, could you ask your friend if he still has those pics? I'll put up the ones I still have (which include the winners)

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    That was me. To cut a long story short, the card had to be formatted half way through the event, and the photos from before that were copied onto a laptop of some sort. But they weren't put back on it seems.

Doom, could you ask your friend if he still has those pics? I'll put up the ones I still have (which include the winners)

Did u take pics from last cxc in belfast?

ladnopoka wrote: »
    Did u take pics from last cxc in belfast?

Only a few, which is why I didn't bother. I'll take a look at them now.

Here's the album, I'll make a better post of it if those other pictures show up. Pics are there for anyone who wants to look at them for now though!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Well, both WMM and iTunes crap out under the weight of a 5 hour file, so unless someone can get out to my house before the weekend, the weekend it will be :)

iTunes?
    Surely you mean iMovie?

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Here's the album, I'll make a better post of it if those other pictures show up. Pics are there for anyone who wants to look at them for now though!

Cheers for the quick reply, man. Dead on :D

• Advertisement

It took 26 hours to upload and has been processing for 6 hours but hopefully the rest of the qualifiers will go live here:

It's live!!!

Enjoy 5 hours of Marvel and SF, boys and girls.

If anyone wants to give me timestamps for good matches to throw in the description, I will indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Great final in SF. Honda is a pig. Does so much damage and you have to hit him all day. Stevo knows him inside out and does max damage.

Really have to get off my arse and get involved in this community. Looks like great craic. I just got an xbox with SFxT and Soul Cal 5 so I will see some of you online and home to make it into casuals over the next few weeks. Only way to get better is to play good players

Well done to all and great vids again.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Honda is a pig.

Well said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

If anyone wants to give me timestamps for good matches to throw in the description, I will indeed.

mk grand finals ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Azza wrote: »
    Well said.
    I've reported that post. Hopefully a mod will deal with it

Advertisement