Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Person of the year - Richard Lynch aka Rich Anthon

• 05-03-2012 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭

Following in the footsteps of Paul O'Connell and JP McManus.

They'll be giving him a statue next.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

RonMexico wrote: »
    Following in the footsteps of Paul O'Connell and JP McManus.

They'll be giving him a statue next.

april 1st isn't for another three weeks? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I had to google his name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

There will be no stopping him now in his quest to conquer the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Fair ****s to him imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭Our Brian

God help us all , Mother Theresa himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

What is his actual surname, and why does he go by two different ones depending on what is being reported on?

Sniper might be able to answer this for me as he knows the guy.

Real name is Richard Lynch, Anthony being his middle name.

Richard Lynch, being his official name, Richard Anthony being a nickname, and Rich Anton being a shortened version of this nickname.

Cheers, had wondered why he went by two names.

No problem! :) Its like some people being called Johnathon going by John etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

So out of all the people in Limerick that did great things last year, including the youngest Irish person to climb Everest, this guy was crowned limerick person of the year?

Something is rotten in the state of Limerick!

• Advertisement

No problem! :) Its like some people being called Johnathon going by John etc.

Or CKs being called Shorty. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Are they giving out awards now for getting your mug into every picture going? BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭SnoopyGunner

Are they giving out awards now for getting your mug into every picture going? BS.

Yeah you'd wonder! He does some work for Limerick from what I hear but seriously there must have been someone more deserving of the award. Why not a carer or someone else who does hard work for people or Limerick in general

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Overlooked once again. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

shur who'd be interested in a carer, all we want are "celebs" innit??!!???

I am surprised they didn't have a text vote in to eliminate people....

seachto7 wrote: »
    shur who'd be interested in a carer, all we want are "celebs" innit??!!???

I am surprised they didn't have a text vote in to eliminate people....

Believe it or not, he's actually a fulltime carer for his mother too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Jaysus ... seriously ..!!!!! I went to school with Richard - he's a nice chap ( always in goals in PE class - heehee ) - but c'mon. All he does is pout in photos all over the shop. :confused:

Not knocking him for doing that, but there are a hell of a lot of people who have been or are a full time carer for a parent, child, relative etc and who don't have the time to be out and about on a regular basis as a result.

Personally I think Insectoid boy was robbed, and that there should be a re-count. Just walk along the river bank in town if you want to see the impact that IO has had in Limerick. Loads of swans down there that have grown up sporting dark thick wavy hair on their heads which leaves no doubt as to who their daddy is.

I reckon this year's batch of cygnets will have a number with similar hair when they grow up. :p

I would have voted for you Sniper, but your girl dumping ways went against you.:p

My bad, I was not having a dig at him.

I just notice that every competition has a voting system these days!

He is not just a full-time carer, he is also a Presenter, Songwriter, Producer, Creative Director & Actor(as per his Facebook). All of that on top of running ilovelimerick

Some man. How he manages to do all of that is clearly the secret to his success at beating the youngest Irish person to climb Mount Everest and the fundraiser who raised €1,000,000 for charity.

Those achievements pale into comparison with Rich Anthon promoting local businesses and posing for photos with Limerick "celebrities" in the back pages of the Post every week.

How dare ye criticize this decision:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Kess73 wrote: »
    Just walk along the river bank in town if you want to see the impact that IO has had in Limerick. Loads of swans down there that have grown up sporting dark thick wavy hair on their heads which leaves no doubt as to who their daddy is.

<mental images of IO and the guy from the "go compare!" adverts, appearing on the Jeremy Kyle show, titled "the ugly duckling- who's yer daddy!">... :D

RonMexico wrote: »
    He is not just a full-time carer, he is also a Presenter, Songwriter, Producer, Creative Director & Actor(as per his Facebook). All of that on top of running ilovelimerick

Some man. How he manages to do all of that is clearly the secret to his success at beating the youngest Irish person to climb Mount Everest and the fundraiser who raised €1,000,000 for charity.

I'm going to be a cynic here, and assume that person could have still raised €1,000,000 without having to climb Everest?

*runs for cover* :eek::eek:

I don't get these trips to South America to raise money for charity and so on, or climb Kilimanjaro and so on. Why not just use the money spent on climbing and chuck it into charity instead.

Completely off topic. I know.

I'm going to be a cynic here, and assume that person could have still raised €1,000,000 without having to climb Everest?

*runs for cover* :eek::eek:

I don't get these trips to South America to raise money for charity and so on, or climb Kilimanjaro and so on. Why not just use the money spent on climbing and chuck it into charity instead.

Completely off topic. I know.

Eh what:confused: Read my post again. Two different people. One was the youngest person to climb Mount Everest. The other is a local woman that raised €1,000,000 for charity.

@RonMexico.

My bad. Again. I'll get my coat...... :(

@RonMexico.

My bad. Again. I'll get my coat...... :(
    Hehe no worries. I'd love to see Richard Lynch climb Everest. No doubt he'd do it in record time in a pair of shorts, raise €1,000,000,000 for charity and can you imagine all the fabulous photos he'd get the sherpa lads to take of him at the summit to promote their business? I think he should run for president after Micky D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Posted on March 6, 2012 Decide between a person who climbed Mount Everest to support the Shane Geoghegan foundation, a grandmother who raised a million euros for charity and a man who writes an obscure blog. Who should be the Limerick person of the year?Well, the winner this year was not the man who climbed Everest or the grandmother who raised a million euros for charity. This year’s winner was somebody who writes an obscure blog and tries to get his face in as many photos as he can. Richard Lynch, founder of I Love Limerick dot Com took the honours in the face of stiff opposition. The judges, who included the new city manager and the editor of the Leader, decided that a blog ranked 18 millionth in the world was an achievement worthy of the award, and of course this had nothing to do with the fact that Richard contributes to the Leader without pay. The winning blog is ranked far below both of the Limerick councils’ websites and could not possibly have achieved more publicity than they did. It is, in fact, ranked approximately 14 million places behind both websites, making it completely irrelevant in internet terms. The councils would have had far more luck promoting Limerick if they put whatever Richard wrote on their own sites. A lot more people would have read it. Despite this, the person who set up the blog is deemed to have publicised Limerick in a positive light more than anyone else in the last year. There is no evidence for this and nobody in the Leader challenged Richard’s claim that his blog, which he calls an internet channel, is hugely successful. They didn’t ask basic questions about where the numbers are coming from. They just reported what he told them. The statistics don’t support what he claimed. The blog is not hugely successful. The number of people reading it is very small. This is something that anyone with even a small amount of skill can easily check, so why is this man named Limerick person of the year?Is it because the title means nothing or because Limerick is still a place where bull****ters can get away with murder?This is very good news for bull****ters

@Vanolder

Excellent Post. You summed it up.

You mean there is a whiff of cronyism about this? Say it isn't so!

Am I the only person that is actually happy for him? Or for that matter actually thinks that he is sound?

• Advertisement

Vanolder has a fair point though, even if it's a bit too harsh!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement