Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equipment for Evo Qualifier Tournament

Options
  • 05-03-2012 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

This is the thread for equipment for the evo qualifier. This is gonna be a fairly monumental task to do this in 6 weeks and we're gonna have to pull together on the equipment side. I am starting this thread as a separate one to the main thread in order to organise with the coalition of the willing on who can bring what. I'll be bringing 2 xbox's, 2 TV's, and Brian.

Use this thread to post up if you can bring gear. I hope to run it all on xbox but if needs be we can do PS3. We will need many things from copies of the game (please mark these with your name), to cables, speakers, TV's, consoles, cakes etc.

Please help... :)
    Aj

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I'll bring an Xbox with a copy of each of the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Orim wrote: »
    I'll bring an Xbox with a copy of each of the games.

ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I will bring one PS3 and one 360 along with a TV or two and some recording gear if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'll bring a 22" lagless monitor if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Have to run it past the society but we can probably steal our two widescreen TVs, not sure of the lag, Voa should know but i don't think its horrific.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

I can bring a xbox with whatever cables are required, UMvC3 with DLC, kof 13, mortal kombat, sfxt, AE2012 and 3sOE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I'm going to bring my Xbox again like last year, along with a VGA cable.

I will bring AE2012, SFxT, UMvC3 ( without the DLC though ) and SCV.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

I'll see if I get my PS3 down there for this.

Many MK players play the game on pad so 360 for MK is out of the question dude. Won't work. Besides the patches only work online for 360.
    On PS3 the patches are saved during offline.

As for games I got MK (PATCHED/DLC'D), KoFXIII (PATCHED/DLC'D), SFIII:3SOE (PATCHED), SSF4AE (DLC'D), SC5 (If its there) and I will have SF X Tekken also.

So what you need?

All the best,
    RAZER

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

I'll see if I get my PS3 down there for this.

If you want it run on PS3, we need more than an 'if' :)

Bring your setup & Games if you can. We ran MK9 on PS3 last year so I see the same situation for this year. We only had 1/2 setups though, the more we have the easier it will be to run solely on PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Didn't you say we would have internet? If we can connect the Xbox's then MK on them shouldn't be a problem.

• Advertisement

Didn't you say we would have internet? If we can connect the Xbox's then MK on them shouldn't be a problem.

There is internet for streaming. This could well be a direct connection and a tunnel to outside internet. Having all console online on the wireless is not something I have confirmed yet. Possible but not confirmed yet. I am sure this is not be a problem. Chopper is bring his PS3, Razor his and we can bring ours as well. That should be enough for MK9. Maybe one more if people have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

ayjayirl wrote: »
    There is internet for streaming. This could well be a direct connection and a tunnel to outside internet. Having all console online on the wireless is not something I have confirmed yet. Possible but not confirmed yet. I am sure this is not be a problem. Chopper is bring his PS3, Razor his and we can bring ours as well. That should be enough for MK9. Maybe one more if people have it.

I can bring mine, which is fully patched and has all the dlc.
    It's also got AE2012 and UMvC3 with the dlc characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Trinity Internet is finikey at best, we may have to use a VPN of a mate of our for the streaming, certaiinly on the normal student internet you can't connect because it is proxied to all hell. I'm e-mailing the TCD IS guys to see if there's a way round it. We can defo organise streaming though.

@ayjayirl

It will be there.

@orim

No way man you want me to play on a 360 pad?! lol I simply can't use them.
    Ps3 it is :)

All the best,
    RAZER

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

I got my TV they use for DOC sometimes I can bring. And my Xbox with AE, UMVC and should have SFxT fully patched for it (can not guarantee DLC)

Good **** man.
    Hopefully my SF X T will arrive by the time I finish work.

All the best,
    RAZER

This is what we have got committed so far and from whom.
    Equiplist.jpg

We realistically need 5/6 more xbox's to make the tournament work. I ask you all to remember the community only has 4 monitors. EVERYTHING else is brought by us. If you can help by bringing your xbox, copy of the games, TV/monitor then please post here so I can make arrangements and schedule :)

I will update this list after more come in
    Thanks,
    Aj

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Can I also ask for people not to complain about monitors if they did not bring their own???

I know my TV has about 3/4 frame lag or so (according to others, but I may just be used to it) but I do not need to drag this heavy piece of crap in to town for half 8 or so in the morning to listen to people complain about it all day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Will bring a 360 with SFxT, UMVC3 with DLC characters, and 2012. Possibly a monitor but I can't confirm on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I'll get a 360 and a Monitor up to you with copies of SSF4 and UMvC3 (with Shuma and Jill) one way or another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I have SSF4AE 2012 running on my laptop, can use it for casuals but not for tournament use!!

Let me know if it would be worth bringing for casual only

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ayjay, I may be bringing my laptop also.

Do you know if there'll be any way I can secure a lock cable anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

I have a Roxio Game Capture device if that's of any use to Doom or any other recording artiste out there.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Do you know if there'll be any way I can secure a lock cable anywhere?

nope, you'll need to bring one. This raises a point we made earlier but I think we should re-iterate it. All equipment brought by peeps must be labeled as yours. The room itself is secure and we will have a front desk to ensure anyone entering the venue gives their names etc and I will not allow anyone to just walk off with equipment but I cannot see everything all the time. I am accepting no responsibility for equipment brought. If you bring it, keep an eye on it. Not only will there (hopefully) be a lot of people there but I am bringing TV's, consoles & other equipment that I will be keeping an eye on myself. I suggest everyone does the same with theirs. I honestly cannot see this being an issue (AKAIK it never has) but sin é. :)

Speedhaak wrote: »
    I have a Roxio Game Capture device if that's of any use to Doom or any other recording artiste out there.

Hey, sounds good but liaise with my AV guy.

animaX wrote: »
    I have SSF4AE 2012 running on my laptop, can use it for casuals but not for tournament use!!

Let me know if it would be worth bringing for casual only
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Ayjay, I may be bringing my laptop also.

Laptop are grand for casuals lads, I'll have little or no room for casuals on the setups unless we get like 25/30.....which we won't so cool. Like I mentioned above, keep an eye on it, we'll be in Trinity and, well, you know.....Trinners and all that.

Iv only PS3 so I kan't bring any 360 titles lol
    I'll be bringing MK9, iv PS3 copies of ae2012 and sfxt, no umvc3. Need any of the sfs down for ps3?

All the best,
    RAZER

Hey guys,

I know its a bit of a job, but can all of us who are bringing xboxs & have SFxT, start to create a no GEM custom profile for each character over the next couple of weeks? It will help immensely on the day if we have little or no customisation to do. Time will be toight enough.

Thanks in advance
    Aaron

• Registered Users Posts: 16 supersquaddy

need monitors?
    I will try and get 5-6 from work, early days no promises but i have contacts
    I will defo be bringing,
    xbox360 + AE2012 + SFxT
    Asus evo 2009 monitor
    HD fury 2
    HDMI splitter
    Hauppauge HD PVR
    relevant cables

Wicked!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

That's excellent squaddy. Good stuff man.

Advertisement