Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equipment for Evo Qualifier Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

need monitors?
    I will try and get 5-6 from work, early days no promises but i have contacts
    I will defo be bringing,
    xbox360 + AE2012 + SFxT
    Asus evo 2009 monitor
    HD fury 2
    HDMI splitter
    Hauppauge HD PVR
    relevant cables

Wicked!!!

excellent stuff my good man. All welcome. Just a point to note, if you are bringing your hauppauge, you may need to bring your computer/laptop as well if you want to use it. We have a setup for the main stream but I do not have a problem if you want to set up another recording station - you'll need a laptop/computer.

Good stuff bringing the gear. It helps :). I'll update the excel today with the new additions..... I think we might be very close to our desired 20 setups for the day which would be awesome.

Hi guys,

Here is the latest information on equipment.
    equip.jpg

If everyone who has committed to bringing something does, then I think we should be mostly ok. One thing I am noticing and something that we can hopefully ensure doesn't happen is the number of the copies of games. If you have a copy of the game, please bring it along. Its not a very big item to carry and it will ensure we have enough. Be sure to label it if you do - ON THE DISK ASWELL IF POSSIBLE - :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Are you including my xbox in the 2 you're bringing there?

Are you including my xbox in the 2 you're bringing there?

You don't own that xbox you merely purchased it....but yes. Might be able to get another but I'll see

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I forgot to say I'll be bringing my xbox with AE2012 and UMVC3(no shuma or jill though).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Bringing my ps3 with all MK dlc and a copy of both MK and SF X T.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 supersquaddy

OK, pretty much confirmed monitors now.
    Can bring 8-9 if needed.
    As I will be travelling down friday night, can I bring the monitors straight to the event?
    Would be Ideal for me If I could get some help transporting all the gear around

These are old'ish monitors, so will be doing lag tests this weekend for suitability lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Make a note of what inputs they support, so all the cables match up on the day!

cool good idea.
    Think most will be VGA, cant see any of them having HDMI, but then no one uses that anyway lol.
    Am I too late to register for the tourny?

cool good idea.
    Think most will be VGA, cant see any of them having HDMI, but then no one uses that anyway lol.
    Am I too late to register for the tourny?
    No no. Register away. We will have access to the venue the day before and it will be securely locked up so we can bring gear in on the Friday. Pm me your number and I'll make arrangements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Guys, I have to apologise as I won't be able to attend now due to unforseen financial issues. I'm gutted as I've been looking forward to this since last year's. Again, I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

After I found out I'd be there the whole event and after, I checked my account on xboxlive. I had MS points left over from some microsoft reward thing, so I got Shuma-Gorath for the sake of it.

Cause of this I'll be bringing:
    A 360
    SSFIV: AE 2012
    SFxT
    UMvC3 (with both Jill and Shuma unlocked on the console)

Now I'mma go make some LABELS.

Right guys,

The week is upon us. All our talking will be put into action..... I hope. I have compiled a list of what we have committed from people so far (thanks to all who are contributing).

equip-1.jpg

As you can see we are should have everything covered. Can I ask everyone involved who can, to bring your equipment to the venue on Friday between 4pm and 6pm (The closer to 4pm the better) so we can setup as much as we can and test everything we can. We cannot get access to the venue after 6pm unfortunately. The place will be locked up by security and no one will have access. I will be there from 4pm so if you can great, if not, please ensure you are at the venue at 9am sharp. We will have a lot to do to get all the setups done and working so your help is greatly appreciated.

I am gonna be on boards everyday to monitor everything as this is the best way to get in touch. If you want my number for the day and don't have it, PM me.

Aj

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I can't make it on Friday AJ, I'm in work till 9 but I'll check all the xboxs at home and do gemless profiles, DLC etc.

That's cool Orim. I knew peeps would have work commitments etc, I just want to catch anyone who might be able to in order to minimise the madness of the next day a little :). Plus I'll be bringing all my sh1t in. At this point that is 3 xboxs, 4 TV's/monitors, recording equip & many many cables and plug adaptors.....

One more thing. If people have 4/6/10/N pin extension chords for plugs, please em in. They will be needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

ayjayirl wrote: »
    One more thing. If people have 4/6/10/N pin extension chords for plugs, please em in. They will be needed.

We'll be able to provide a few of those from scifi too, at least two four-gang ones

With the exception of Neeknak, is everyone else who has committed to bringing equipment still ok for it? The fewer surprises on the day they better :)

@el chop - can you bring the bag of cables? - if you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Which bag of cables?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Since I won't be in Dublin until 9pm on the Friday night, I can't make it in time to organise my xbox/games at the venue. If you leave a monitor out with any space I can quickly set it up in the morning though.

How early will folks be arriving at the event in the morning to set up the rest of the equipment?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

The bag of VGA cables? Are they not in the Exchange?

• Advertisement

Which bag of cables?
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    The bag of VGA cables? Are they not in the Exchange?

yup, could well be, last time I saw them I thought you 'took them back' with you. wasn't sure.

@Dreddy - do you have a contact for the exchange so we can arrange to pick up the gear. I want to do it on the Friday and not the Sat. If not, I'll ring directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

ayjayirl wrote: »
    yup, could well be, last time I saw them I thought you 'took them back' with you. wasn't sure.

@Dreddy - do you have a contact for the exchange so we can arrange to pick up the gear. I want to do it on the Friday and not the Sat. If not, I'll ring directly.

Yep, just PMed you with the number I have there. There's the main phone number for the place as well.

Getting stuff going in work. I have two xboxs at the moment which I'll update tonight. Unfortunately one is short a PSU. So if anyone has a PSU for an S it would be helpful.

There's is three due back so should have them.

But at the moment I'm definete for two and short a PSU for a third. I'll update when I know about the rest.

It also appears that IT said yes to my monitor request. So do we still need monitors?

Thats cool Orim. Yes on monitors. I have a spare PSU but I've no idea what S means. Its from my old one which was one of the first.

S is the new console.

I have all the equipment sat in my room
    5 monitors for defo
    just got to sort out transport from belfast sometime on friday

Updating consoles is a pain in the arse but three consoles are ready to go. Oh and power supply issue is sorted.

Noticed two things :

1) I don't if the 2012 patch is going to work. More testing needed. But if anyone that has AE downloaded could bring their profile on USB as they will probably be needed.

2) Will there be enough cables? The Xboxs I can bring will only have composite cables so we may need more VGA/HDMI/ cables

I can try to pick up some vga cables if needed

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I can try to pick up some vga cables if needed

XBox vgas would be great.

Make sure to shake my hand at the tournament you're putting a lot into it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Yh definitely, great stuff super squaddy

Advertisement