Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 4 First Gameplay

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VivGrise

Looks really good in my opinion, they are selling it very well IMO. It looks and sounds much better than reach, and I like that the BR is back! :pac:

The fact that they are building most of the game from the ground up is very exciting! I hope they keep the BR and DMR and the instant hit of the bullets. Cuts down on the lag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Looks good. Only thing that concerns me is how different it may feel from Bungies Halo - you can go back and play Combat Evolved even today and it has the same feel as Reach does, I don't want to lose that familiarity with a new engine. I'm sure it'll be fine though. Also, the two maps showcased look a bit bland. I really want to see a return of open maps like Valhalla from Halo 3, I felt Reach was disappointing for Big Team Battles in comparison.

Ya I'd agree that the maps don't look the best, but I'd hope they are still a work in progress. It looks like they are now gone toward a "COD" scoring system, with points awarded for assists aswell if you watch the video carefully. I hope they leave the option for the straight up slayer 50 kill type thing.

Ya I loved BTB in H 3 and we rarely lost a game, now we don't even play BTB!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Assists don't affect the game score, just your personal xp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

At around 1:40, there's a scene with a spartan prying a door open. It looks like it's a kinect style motion. I wonder does this game have kinect compatibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Please let that Mech be usable at some stage in the campaign.

Adam wrote: »
    Assists don't affect the game score, just your personal xp.

ah your wrong..

At 3.13 in the video when the red guy died he got two medals, assist medal and one I haven't seen before (probably headshot). And the score went up by 5 for each medal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

I meant in COD assists don't affect the score, so if 343 are doing so it's through no influence from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The first Multiplayer level shown there reminds me of Narrows from halo 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

December 2012 cannot come fast enough. Honestly, this is the first game I've been excited about in ages. Strange that the forum here on boards is rather decidedly dead....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I watched the video and cannot wait for it. Finished all the other Halos (bar Halo Wars) and this looks like it could be great.

Lets hope the changes they have made add to the gameplay rather than change it.

Advertisement