Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quirky Dates?

Options
  • 05-03-2012 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭

Anybody got any good ideas? It's up to me to pick the next one with the new fella and I need suggestions! Sounds a bit un-patriotic but the best ones we have had so far haven't involved alcohol so any of those suggestions welcome too!

In particular: has anyone been on the Ghost bus (worth 28 quid?!) and any nice night-time drives/walks in Dublin or outskirts to recommend? Where the chance of being mugged or murdered is slim?!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Delget Nour dates, definitely quirky and different to your more traditional type dates

• Registered Users Posts: 22,321 ✭✭✭✭Esel

One always enjoys a pre-theatre (i.e. early bird) meal, followed by the best seats in the house (book early). One then looks forward to discussing the nuances of the experience in a local hostelry.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 24,511 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

35/13/2012

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

This is not AH folks, but thanks for the comedy stylings all the same.

OP, where are you located?

The Botanic Gardens are good for a walk around on a saturday or sunday, the glasshouses are particularly good, and there should be a lot in flower for Spring over the next couple of weeks.

Bring a picnic and have it by the river, and the squirrels are very, very tame so bring a camera to get some photos of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

If you have a car, you could head out to www.minigolf.ie in Naas. Open until 11 on Fridays and Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Go Karting? I'm not sure if that's what it's called. Little motorized vehicles like Mariokart but without the animated characters. I know there's a track in or around Dublin. And who doesn't like driving small cars for fun?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Eddy 15

Dublin Zoo, Did this last summer and it was a huge hit
    Walk around Howth, Again a huge hit
    Guinness tour, In my to do pile
    Jameson tour, as above in the to do pile

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dubbie82

Rent a bike and go cycling in the phoenix park. I think it's about 10 euro or thereabouts.

Go out to St. Anne's park and bring a picnic with you. St. Anne's is probably Dublins best kept secret when I comes to parks, lovely in the summer when the roses are in full bloom.

What about the sea-safari? http://www.seasafari.ie/Tours/Price-Guide.aspx it's a bit more expensive but looks like fun. Same said for the Viking Splash Tour.

I have done the ghost tour and it was alright, it always depends what sort of people are on those tours. But yea it's fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Finneen

Dr Quirkeys in O'Connell Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

etymon wrote: »
    and any nice night-time drives/walks in Dublin or outskirts to recommend? Where the chance of being mugged or murdered is slim?!

Thanks!

Dunsink Lane is very picturesque.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

The Tea Garden on Ormond Quay is a good one if you want something different with no alcohol involved.

Advertisement