Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rust never Sleeps - night pic

• 05-03-2012 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

6957021635_a556051098_z.jpg
    rust never sleeps by joe conroy2011, on Flickr
    Long Exposure(1min). iso100 @ f6.3 with a little light painting.
    Hope you like,
    C&C's welcome,
    joe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Is it HDR'ed, or au naturale? It's really nice.. great colour for a nighttime shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

love it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 joey c

Heebie wrote: »
    Is it HDR'ed, or au naturale?.
    No Hdr here guys,
    Thanks for comments, glad you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

The caption drew me in with the Neil Young lyric (whether its intentional or not).

Great colour in the image and it is well framed. The diagonal line through the frame really draws me into the picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

The caption drew me in with the Neil Young lyric (whether its intentional or not).

Same here! Nice colours op.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Fantastic! Where was it taken and how did you do the light painting exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 joey c

Delighted u like Zascar, thanks...Simple enough stuff, did a few test shots around 400iso and wide open first to figure out the exposure time .. then made adjustments to give me enough time to shine a hand torch from a few different angles..i used a torch that has 2 ends (one red flashing, for the inner cab - to give it a bit of life )..I tend not to use LED - cheap ones do the trick fine i think..
    thanks again
    joe.
    edit - forgot to say it was taken in Portlaoise, beside the CIE train depot, this siding is just used now and then it seems for storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

brilliant shot well done, i also love your shot of orion over the rock on flickr but the lighting here is fantastic = )

Advertisement